Corsa B Coilovers

So, I’ve just bought a 99 micra. I’m 17 and I’m still learning in terms of the mechanical and engineering world. I see you can kinda persuade corsa b Coilovers on. And I know this is probably everywhere in the forums but I can’t bloody tell how it all works lol.
My question is, there are a few different looking kits that come up when I search for them. Wondering if there’s a difference or whether they all fit? Any help would be great thanks.

As long as it's corsa b coilovers, it will fit with a little mods

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk
Ah okay awesome that’s what I thought. My only worry was, the ones I saw which I’ll attach with this now had almost like round rear springs and wasn’t sure if they’d fit nicely. Cheers.

Attachments

• 9B12B350-8059-4CA6-9AFF-20D64CDA05D2.png
    9B12B350-8059-4CA6-9AFF-20D64CDA05D2.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 181
That's the coilovers that I've fit on my Micra. The fk ak street, pretty good ride, firm but comfortable. But haven't tried to put the rear springs... Still running the Alto springs

That's the coilovers that I've fit on my Micra. The fk ak street, pretty good ride, firm but comfortable. But haven't tried to put the rear springs... Still running the Alto springs

Oh nice one. Nice to get someone who’s used them. I had an interesting idea. I was gunna put alto springs on the front to drop that by like 50mm and put in a full corsa b setup in the back, which I believe can also drop 50mm with a panhard rod. Would I see much arch gap with 13” wheels?

For the fronts use the corsa b springs, they drop so much that Alto spring isn't needed.
I'm on 14's and the front coilovers are past the middle thread and the car still rubs on the arches.

If you put the coils on the lowest setting, the engine will probably sit on the ground

Cool thing about the ak street is that they have camber/kingpin adjustment, as they have the upper bolt of the knuckle sloted

Cool thing about the ak street is that they have camber/kingpin adjustment, as they have the upper bolt of the knuckle sloted

You are my saviour mate!! I’ve been looking for a solid decision regarding suspension for ages now mate. And I wanna stick with 13s so I wasn’t sure if I was gunna be able to lower it right down without paying stupid money. I’m 17 at the end of the day! So your corsa b Coilovers drop it right to the wheels with thread left over? If this is the case I think my decision is final and I’ll run corsa b full setup all the way round! Do you have a photo? Would be awesome to have a look

This is the height that I'm running now, but it can still drop another's 40mm if you want. But you'll need to take out the plastic wheel archs
ce2631bff9466da9b00667e83c151928.jpg

This is the height that I'm running now, but it can still drop another's 40mm if you want. But you'll need to take out the plastic wheel archs
ce2631bff9466da9b00667e83c151928.jpg

Wow that looks awesome! So your just running the full corsa b Coilovers I sent a screenshot at the front? Apart from the top mount holes and the arm hole being filed did u need to do much else? I wanna buy the full set and fit the corsa b springs and shock at the rear aswell all in one go. I’ll have to get a panhard rod. Hopefully I’ll be able to get them in

Well, the top hole need to be filled, the lower coilover hole that attaches to the knuckle needs to be filled as well. Bought brand new corsa mounts, like 5 bucks each.
And finally, used the original corsa spacer for the front coilovers. Bought them at the scrapyard.

It's this part on the pictures, alot of people just makes a custom one or just use plain old washers. I prefer my method...
e4183ebda51b94bf973c4d9fae758a5e.jpg
9c0bdf04a091fe0c4ef32706c07c850c.jpg

Well, the top hole need to be filled, the lower coilover hole that attaches to the knuckle needs to be filled as well. Bought brand new corsa mounts, like 5 bucks each.
And finally, used the original corsa spacer for the front coilovers. Bought them at the scrapyard.

It's this part on the pictures, alot of people just makes a custom one or just use plain old washers. I prefer my method...
e4183ebda51b94bf973c4d9fae758a5e.jpg
9c0bdf04a091fe0c4ef32706c07c850c.jpg

So at the top of the Coilovers I’m assuming you need a spacer and you’ve just gone and found an original corsa b one. And you’ve bought corsa b top mounts. Where can I find these? I’m still new to all this and don’t wanna miss anything from the setup and ruin the car and suspension?cheers

This conical spacer is the original one from a standart corsa b suspension, my advice is to buy a used crappy old corsa b suspension from a scrapyard, and take out the top mounts the the spacer.

This is the height that I'm running, and the remaining thread to lower the car
cb7a317e76e303efc6d535d2b1a0d047.jpg
f4bbb0b4366298027684bb785112abac.jpg

That’s an awesome ride height. I’ll be aiming for somin similar except I’m goijg for a wide stance with some arch flares and starmags. Cliche I know but it just looks to good ?cheers for the help man your a life saver!

Back