Apexi s-afc

Hello, im just curious if any of you turbo'd peeps are running the stock ecu with a safc. Im thinking of going turbo in the future and was wondering if anyone has actually used it. Im finding a lot of conflicting info, they seem popular in the u.s but not here. I dont really want a jwt as I want to tune myself.

Any thaughts welcomed

rob fueled his CG+T with a safc iirc, but it gives you no spark control tho and i think he ran a lot of retard.
the CG,s are pretty prone to det, but your SR might be a bit more forgiving ?
here,s (polly,s ?) N/A and boosted maps iirc, you can see how much timing has to be pulled as soon as it hits boost ! (20 + deg by the looks)
3.jpg

and how the turbo map runs stock timing off boost (daily drive-ability)

2.jpg

rob fueled his CG+T with a safc iirc, but it gives you no spark control tho and i think he ran a lot of retard.
the CG,s are pretty prone to det, but your SR might be a bit more forgiving ?
here,s (polly,s ?) N/A and boosted maps iirc, you can see how much timing has to be pulled as soon as it hits boost ! (20 + deg by the looks)
View attachment 22445

and how the turbo map runs stock timing off boost (daily drive-ability)

View attachment 22444
30 deg going by this 4th gear pull ! starting from 48 deg btdc @cruise (negative boost) , then dropping to 18 deg @ full load (7psi boost)
you can just make out the offside wheel spin as i drive through a big puddle :D

Im gonna go with nistune and learn mapping on my engine (may melt a few). The sr is quite prone to det, pistons wont stand for it. Got a few bits so far importantly,,a tdo4 from a wrx... yeah I know the flanges are different but its all diy so dont matter. It a bit small also but should respond/pull well at low rpm

Back