anyone changed the dash leds?

Yep done that Fats - looks good. Easy peasy job, 10 minutes, 5 screws.
Only thing I found was - if the blue is not as bright as you like, take the led out and turn it around, they seem to be brighter one way than the other - do it - you'll like it.:)

Leds only work one way. That's the idea of them. Diode. One way only. I put blue in first but they don't light up the needles properly. If you put white in, strangely they will appear a lighter blue and your needles will light up correctly. I also swapped the resistors with 620 ohm otherwise they didn't last long due to the 14.5volt that the alternator gives out.

Ill give all blue ago! see what happens, this kit comes with the leds to change in the heater controls, so ill keep you updated when i get round to doing it :)

I got a set of leds and was totally pi55ed off with how low light they were compared to the standard bulbs and they were from the same ebay company you posted above! What you should get for the ultimate brightness is the holder with 6 mini leds on them 4 on top (flat top) and one on each side which shines the inside more. normal led will have flat spots.. And that what i had.

J

the ones i have now i bright enough and am happy with em, i payed a little more cos i knew what i was looking for which would give me the brighness with no dull spots, anyway i end up getting my money back from the seller and he was also kindest to let me have those LED`s as he said it wasnt worth send back regarding the post, meaning those LED`s probably only cost a £ or ££ in total...

I have the bright white ones, not exactly LEXUS dash bright but overall difference than element !

J

Back