LEDs in dash...

...was just wondering, is it worth installing LEDs in the speedometer area (for example, have a nice bright blue colour instead of the standard dull bulbs). Do they last long or would I forever be swapping out blown LEDs?

What's the best way to go about getting the right LEDs? Would it be best to source out the LEDs individually or go for a kit like this one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micra-K11...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c55c61dd4

Also stumbled upon these while I was looking for something else: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOOR-GUAR...=Model:Micra|Plat_Gen:K11&hash=item51a8fd4f0e

Now is it just me or do those seem a tad expensive for reflectors lol?

OP
OP
ivawart
So, is it better to source out the LEDs individually or buy one of the kits off eBay?

I only ask as I don't have a clue about what ones to go for (other than being wedge), and the people selling kits are providing installation instructions.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
So, is it better to source out the LEDs individually or buy one of the kits off eBay?

I only ask as I don't have a clue about what ones to go for (other than being wedge), and the people selling kits are providing installation instructions.
I bought 10 wedge shape LEDs of eBay for a couple of quid.

I changed mine today! From crazyleds.co.uk even came with a guide on how to replace them for a complete novice like me. :rolleyes:o_O

Looks well cool.

Attachments

• 20141026_175224_HDR.jpg
    20141026_175224_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 655
  • 20141026_175230_HDR.jpg
    20141026_175230_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 645
Just done mine quick and easy and looks very nice I got the blue ones they also do green and white.
How hard is it to replace the bulbs because i got one out in the speedo there 3 screws to take out so i took them out and nothing moved so i rang Halfords up and spoke to a mechanic . I thought he could replace all 4 so i said how much to change a bulb no word of a lie he quoted £79 for one hrs labour he said you have to take off the steering wheel off and all the clocks out to get to the bulbs is that right?

Micra fitting guide email file.jpg
Hi didn't know Halfords had mechanic:rolleyes:these are easy to do take the surround off two screws at the top one either side at the bottom lift it off 3 screws I think holds the clocks in remove these and pull forward pull out the plug on the back and lift clocks out the bulbs pull out you don't need to remove the steering wheel

Last edited:
View attachment 38753 Hi didn't know Halfords had mechanic:rolleyes:these are easy to do take the surround off two screws at the top one either side at the bottom lift it off 3 screws I think holds the clocks in remove these and pull forward pull out the plug on the back and lift clocks out the bulbs pull out you don't need to remove the steering wheel
Thanks for that how many lamps in speedo temp and fuel altogether i thought it was 4 and what type (Wattage) looking at your pictures looks quite difficult.
Yours looks different to mine i have 1.0l 3dr p reg your fuel and temp are different. Halfords auto centres they do mot and servicing i think i will leave it thanks again much obliged.

T
View attachment 38753 Hi didn't know Halfords had mechanic:rolleyes:these are easy to do take the surround off two screws at the top one either side at the bottom lift it off 3 screws I think holds the clocks in remove these and pull forward pull out the plug on the back and lift clocks out the bulbs pull out you don't need to remove the steering wheel

Thanks for the info Skaboy it was very helpful will be ordering my new LED Dash kit!

Cheers
Andy

Thanks for the info Skaboy will be ordering the LED Dash kit!
Cheers
Andy