Who has a GT-R badge on their micra?

masterbiker

Ex. Club Member
I was sitting having a drink at the Birds and the Bee's in Stirling (a pub in scotland) and a guy came out and got into a sliver K11 that had a GT-R badge on the back. Any takers?

I know of one with a GTR badge on the front, but thats down south so doesnt help you much :/

I've seen this one before, and it's Turbo'd. Caught up with the guy once, and then he floored it and left me for ****!

Saw it at a cruise to, but he looked a pleb, so avoided him. :)

Sorry to say this... but what's the point.

Us Skyline GTS owners get slagged off by GTR owners for having a GTR badge on some of our cars (Like mine). Why even bother to put one on a Micra? fwn

-Elliot

Elliot said:

Us Skyline GTS owners get slagged off by GTR owners for having a GTR badge on some of our cars (Like mine). Why even bother to put one on a Micra? fwn

-Elliot

The GTS car's are great, why put a GTR badge on?!

Elliot said:

-Elliot

putting a gtr badge on a skyline gts makes out that it is a skyline gtr(which its not),but as theres no such thing as a micra GTR it makes it ok, as the guy has made his own gtr by adding a turbo, imo
still dont see the point though

I would put a 'GTS' badge on if it was styled in the way of the 'GTR' badge. Some chap on the GTROC was selling some... and instead of the R, it had a red 'S'.

I don't think it makes it ok to stick a GTR badge on a micra, just because it has a turbo. There is much more reason to stick it on a Skyline GTS... especially if it has GTR running gear. I can't see how you can make your own 'GTR' just by adding a turbo... If that was the case, I'd like to see somebody buy a Subaru Justy, stick a turbo on it... and call it a Subaru Justy WRX. :eek:

RE: RE: Who has a GT-R badge on their micra?

Elliot said:
I would put a 'GTS' badge on if it was styled in the way of the 'GTR' badge. Some chap on the GTROC was selling some... and instead of the R, it had a red 'S'.

I don't think it makes it ok to stick a GTR badge on a micra, just because it has a turbo. There is much more reason to stick it on a Skyline GTS... especially if it has GTR running gear. I can't see how you can make your own 'GTR' just by adding a turbo... If that was the case, I'd like to see somebody buy a Subaru Justy, stick a turbo on it... and call it a Subaru Justy WRX. :eek:

I can see what your saying, what im trying to say isnt possible in words, Just basically that micra isnt a GTR its just a name for it, be more justifyable if it was something made up like the Micra T

i'd stick a gtr badge on my micra when i get the bonnet and boot done, just so people go, wtf is that, and i think the gtr badge looks cool, thats it, the look, the nissan badge is poo, and i want a badge so i'd probley go for a gtr one....if i could be bothered

lol,,thats the point in modding!! making it something its not,making it look faster than wot it really is!

Ian said:
nismo_k12 said:
Just stick a nismo badge on it works everytime....

yeah, if your using nismo parts and/or its been tuned by nismo. Otherwise its utterly pointless.

so is fitting a bodykit,having tints,fitting wheels,,,,,like i sed thats what modding is,,:)

I agree with Ian. Why put a badge on saying something when it isnt? Its like sticking a Turbo badge on the back of a K10 and getting blown away at the lights by a clio etc. If you've got a turbo, nismo parts, etc then its fully justified but i dont see the point otherwise.

ok,,,so wots the point in having super s bumpers on a 1.0ltr ?

if you get blown away by a clio at traffic lights,,its upto the owner wot he wants his car to look like,,and every modded car makes out its something that its not

I partially agree, doing cosmetic enhancement does make it out to be something its not, but it depends on the amount of work done - e.g., the K10 super S has skirts and a spoiler as standard, but Nissan werent saying its a street racing beast! By adding a set of skirts or a spoiler, you're not saying 'my car is turbo'd', or it has a GTR engine under the bonnet.. the only way you can do that is by sticking a badge on the back saying so!

If you have a turbo or GTR engine then great! but if you've got no performance enhancement at all, why have something on your car which says you have! All mouth and no trousers springs to mind.

i think i agree with what rik is saying here, no one has any idea why this guy has the badge on his car, maybe he just likes the look of the badge maybe he does class his car as a micra gtr because of the turbo.
90% of people on here use the excuse its my car and i do things to my taste not what anyone else thinks, as soon as people question or have a go at mods done to cars, at the end of the day its the owners car and he has put the badge on because he wants it on his car, whats pointless in that?

RE: RE: Who has a GT-R badge on their micra?

RIK said:
lol,,thats the point in modding!! making it something its not,making it look faster than wot it really is!

Agree completely, a high percentage of modded cars are styled to look faster than what they actually are! also agree with 'Paynee' its his car he can do what he likes, he doesnt need to justify to anyone why he has a GTR badge on his car.

well just bought the body kit and nismo badges also a nismo sun strip gunna get the kit sprayed soon, anyone know where i can get a spoiler for my k12
as i think to make it look better is to say i own this car not i could pi** all over you, the 1.0 ltr i is very nippy in its self it has a great clutch in fact my k12 is VERY nippy the only 3 cars i havent beat off the lights were a bmw, seat, and a done up robin reliant lmao it had flames up the side and flames comin out of the exhaust?! ha ha i felt cr*p altough quite amusing to say the least grr oh and was on a motor way when 206 was up me ass as i went to over take the old ganny in front it was beside me the 206's are pretty fast must of had nos in or somethin? anyway what im sayin is that it doesnt matter what ya car looks like or whats been done to it, a persons car is a persons car they modify it the way they want to not the way other people want them too i dont care what anyone says im doin my car up to look faster :grinning: not to see what other people think?! there is no justification needed to put a gtr badge on a micra tho it is funny ha ha

I see no problem with a GTR badge on a micra.

Missus car as two - front and back and people have given good reviews. true it's not a GTR but who gives a dam - it's a nice badge :D

wilsonian said:
I see no problem with a GTR badge on a micra.

Missus car as two - front and back and people have given good reviews. true it's not a GTR but who gives a dam - it's a nice badge :D

sounds utterly pointless to me like

oh and that Dr Nokia who got banned for bumping someone on paypal had one too

Bloody hell, my original post was "17-08-2005" and you post on it now nissanmicrak12? Though it is nice to see people searching the forums for once :laugh:

nissanmicrak12 said:
well just bought the body kit and nismo badges also a nismo sun strip gunna get the kit sprayed soon, anyone know where i can get a spoiler for my k12
as i think to make it look better is to say i own this car not i could pi** all over you, the 1.0 ltr i is very nippy in its self it has a great clutch in fact my k12 is VERY nippy the only 3 cars i havent beat off the lights were a bmw, seat, and a done up robin reliant lmao it had flames up the side and flames comin out of the exhaust?! ha ha i felt cr*p altough quite amusing to say the least grr oh and was on a motor way when 206 was up me ass as i went to over take the old ganny in front it was beside me the 206's are pretty fast must of had nos in or somethin? anyway what im sayin is that it doesnt matter what ya car looks like or whats been done to it, a persons car is a persons car they modify it the way they want to not the way other people want them too i dont care what anyone says im doin my car up to look faster :grinning: not to see what other people think?! there is no justification needed to put a gtr badge on a micra tho it is funny ha ha

i have a impul spoiler for sale..very rare :D

and whoever said a gts could look like a gtr with just the badge..gtr enthusist will easily notice the diference and will probably tell you about it :D

modding is modding at the end of the day anything goes but to make a "replica" of a higher spec model is stupid imo

Even more bizarrely, there's an old Fiesta in the car park at work that has a GT-R badge on it :eek: .

Back