where do yous put the speakers?

CMF_emmaclar

» CMF Member
hi my names emma and i just got a 1997 nissan micra, i was just wondering where some of yous might have put the speakers as well as the sub etc....theres not much room. so i was just wondering that.
thanks
emma

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Hello and welcome!! You can fit a 10" sub in a enclosure in the boot no problem i had one. As for speakers you can replace the factory ones in the front doors not problem and put some tweeters on you A pillar of dash in the corner what ever you fancy really, good luck

CMF_w8upforme

» CMF Member
What kind of speakes do you want in the car???
Standard speakers are located in the front quarter panels and parcelshelf (and tweeters in the A pillars, wel at least my 2002 k11 did).
And there is more then enough space for subs in a micra, just don't expect to have to much room for any luggage after installing, haha

But 2 x 12' should without a doubt fit the micra

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Hey,

In a small car such as a micra, focus on the front sound stage. Its a small car and you're the driver and in the end the music will be to please you (the driver).

Depending on the type of audio-phile you are you may be able to get away with some high quality front splits and a mid-range amp to power them. Mabye just some little 6" 2 ways in the back then to give a small amount of rear fill. That sort of set up will allow you to have decent sound quality and bass without a sik subwoofer to give you that really good hair-do.

Sorry about the Fat Pizza line there.

Of course that is just my taste in audio setups because I don't believe in super-mega expensive audio setups in cars. I'd rather spend the thousand bucks on something else if you know what i mean.

Cheers

CMF_w8upforme

» CMF Member
Yep I sure agree with you there, and must say my standard micra (6) speaker system is good enough as it is, so will not be upgrading anything in that way myself.

But a lot can be done... if you wanna ;-)

CMF_hi3cmz

» CMF Member
The way I go is to replace 4 factory speakers with much better one at the same place, it's enough for me... however, you might wanna sub and so on, then, you will have to trade-off with trunk space, this is really up to you.

CMF_emmaclar

» CMF Member
hey,
thanks for all the replies..they will surely benifit my decision...i was thinking, if i wanted speakers in the back, why couldnt you fit them to the side panels in the back seat? what do yous think

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Agree with SSS. Four good quality speakers and in such a small car you have good surround sound.
Yes sir would rather spend my money on go fast/ stopping/ handling bits but I can undestand the young generation wanting to sub woof and blow their brains out.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
FTR, I don't see the point in sik sub woofers.

I just install them in mate's cars because its funny to build up a cheap sub system which allows you to crank it and watch the car fall apart in real time. hehe

The best one i ever installed was in an Excel.... 12" Earthquake (good sub, but tendancy to blow up apparently) in an autobarn ~40L ported box (autobarn boxes STINK) with Jaycar Response 2x80W amp, 2 channels bridged to create a whopping 200WRMS (at 4ohm) power machine!

Muahaha lucky the X3 excek has a 75A alternator...

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
For all of those who don't really see the point in subwoofers...

... You don't know how much low end response you are losing. Hell my 2x10" subs aren't loud but they add a whole new side to the music I listen to...

Sean

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Sean, you're absolutely right about how much more depth a subwoofer can give an audio system.

IMO though the (negatives) extra weight, annoyance of the box and extra attention if can give you far outweigh the positives of having one.

CMF_pathola

» CMF Member
tweeters on the dash

Attachments

• 3807.jpg
    3807.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 23

CMF_emmaclar

» CMF Member
hey thanks for all the replies, well if you couldnt put them in the side panels, what about mounting them some how to the roof, on the inside so there just above the back seat passengers?

CMF_TeamSnow

» CMF Member
Right now i am in the middle of building a sound system into my own micra. (i literally mean that, theres wires going all ways just now. ill finnish tomorrow) But back on track, in a car this small, you could easily purchase a small amp (£22.65 GBP on ebay last week!) and power two nice 6x9 speakers mounted on your parcel shelf. This would proveide a fantastic sound ontop of your basic system, which to be honest is fairly good anyway. a 400W amp could power two good speakers on top of your standard system and give you the boom your looking for. As for the roof, ive never seen or heard of anyone attempting that one.

CMF_S2000

» CMF Member
Wow........speakers on the roof.....that would be a new one. I've never heard of that before but it would be different.......isn't that the reason for modifing anyway??

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
yo.
in my micra i upgraded the front door speakers. made a new "Parcel Shelf" out of MDF (£5.00)from homebase. then got some "JBL GTO 936 6X9" and cut them into the shelf. i then carpeted that over. ive mounted a 500w amp onto some more wood and then screwed that to the side. Then In the middle is my 12" JBL Sub. sounds mink.

this whole set up cost me about "£160".
not a lot i know, but sounds AMAZING!

was tempted to install 6X9 into front door panel, but think ill leave it.

Napster

CMF_Adam

» CMF Member
ive got a 12" sub in my boot and a quite big amp by the side of it. you could get 2 x 12" easily in the boot with the amps bolted 2 the back of the subs (4 channel of corse)but if your puttin 6x9's in your parcel shelf, check how much the 6x9's hang down from the parcel shelf and how high the sub box is because i had 2 flip my sub-box round hense i couldnt fit the 6x9's in without them resting on the sub. hope ive been some help.

CMF_dewr41

» CMF Member
I used 12mm MDF, mounted some 6x9s and then carpeted the whole lot. Just looks like a factory shelf as i mounted the 6x9s on the underside of the MDF and carpeted right across the whole thing so it lies flat. It also stops thieves from thinking they're gonna nick your speakers if they can't even see 'em! You'll also be really surprised at the sound quality and volume just running them off your head unit. Sounds really good... for a while, but now I want more! So I'm looking into subs, etc. As for front door speakers, I uprated them and they really compliment the 6x9s with some higher range frequencies, just be carefull of the mounting depth. I think its around 60-70mm, quite shallow because of a support in the door. You can't mount speakers in the roof or rear cards because there's no mounting depth, so unless you're planning a big custom install just save your money. If you want it to look the dog's nuts then go for it, otherwise just stick with the shelf and door speakers. You can get speakers with tweeters mounted in the middle, thats what I've got.

Back