Wheel sizes and offsets.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
just wondering what size of wheels to run and offsets. i am thinking of using an overfender kit, so i would like something with a little bit of a dish. if i go that way, will it still suit a car without overfenders? nismo have reccomended 15x6.5j offset 44. any other reccomendations? i want the end product kinda looking like this. not sure if i will go the watanabe wheels though.

Attachments

• 5749.jpg
    5749.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 43

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
pretty sure someone here knows what offset to run with overfenders, i can't remember but it has been mentioned before i think '2' or cisco knows. I think std is +38 or +45, may need spacers?

With the pulsar brakes:

N14 Q 1.6 > 18mm Disc - 250mm diameter > will fit inside 14"
N14 SSS 2.0 > 20mm Disc - 252mm diameter > will fit inside 14"
and
N14 GTIR 2.0 & N15 SSS 2.0 > 26mm disc - 257mm diameter > bigger calipers, so will fit inside 15"

http://www.dba.com.au/nissan_2005.pdf < thats a good reference,

Alex

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
alex, would it be safe to assume that the nissan pulsar q and sss brake calipers are the same but have different disks? also its the offset that gives a wheel its dish right? this car is running 35 offset and it has nowhere near the dish.
http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/userspage/nemoto2.htm
it looks as though the width of rim doesnt change much though as they are running 185 series tyres. nismo run 195.

55hp, still looking into getting these at the moment. does anyone know how they are packaged? are the fenders stacked one inside each other? or will they be in four separage boxes? how do you guys get big items over from japan.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
just to clarify on brakes

N14 brake calipers are differentiated by engine size, not trim spec.

1.6L have the thinner discs and 2.0L have the thicker discs. the thicker discs are just more resistant to fade. Both style of discs and caliper arrangements will stop a micra really well.

Not sure on n15, but i know all n15 1.6L have same brakes and the 2.0L SSS has the ad22vf from the GTiR.

I'd probably try and source n15 brakes simply because they're newer and less likely to have problems such as rusted pistons. No matter what brakes you buy though, make sure you recondition them with new seals and dust boots.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
but sss, according to the dba spec sheet, the n15 1.6 (247mm) has smaller rotors than the n14 1.6 (250mm). i dont want to go the larger gtir style brakes becoz of weight. is the caliper the same for the 1.6 and 2.0 models and the only difference being the rotors? apart from those with the gtir brakes? i mean if i get a set of calipers from a 1.6 pulsar, i can order new set of rotors to suit the 2.0?

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
I havent tried it. I'd imagine the outer caliper sliders on the 2.0L calipers would be slightly longer compared to the 1.6L calipers.

Personally I wouldnt try it either.

The only reason I would source N15 calipers is that there's less chance of them needing a complete rebuild due to rust pistons/worn sliders. IF you have worn pistons or sliders, your 'cheap' brake upgrade becomes an expensive pain in the ass.

How thick are the N15 rotors compared to the n14 1.6?

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
i wonder if they could actually be the same calipers because i know on my n14 2.0L the front rotors have about 2mm on the edge of the original disc where the brakepads dont actually touch the surface...

cisco

» CMF Member
The calipers are different between the 1.6 and 2.0 brakes.

Everything about the 2.0 (AD22VF) brakes are larger and heavier i.e. both rotors and calipers.

The 1.6 brakes (AD16V I think is the model for them) are excellent for the street. They are a fair bit lighter, but also still have excellent braking power without fade for the micra. They are a top choice for the street.

I never EVER use my AD22VF brakes to their ability on the street, you just can't heat them up enough on the street at all for them to get really hot. They are huge on a micra.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
i just got quoted about 125 for the front set. does that sound right? what would be needed to put disc brakes on the rear of an lx? cisco, do you have the offsets for that black car? im guessing it would be a negative offset. i think they are the watanabe r type wheels which start with a negative offset.

CMF_bosito

» CMF Member
You might find that the offset that (2) alex was looking at would be what you want for the overfenders, as he had the wide front fenders and plans to have the rear rolled out I think.

Set of Volk racing te37 rims in gross black colour,made in japan. www.rayswheels.co.jp . 14"x 6.5" + 15 offset as B-crews spec.Around 3.8 kg each, need to roll guards front and back or use wide front fenders.

Aspect FRP lightweight front fender set,made in japan. www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~aspect/march%20index.html . Each side 20mm extra wide.

Not 100% sure but probably similar.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
pretty sure all the calipers are slightly different, as:

Bendix Brake Pads for Pulsar's:

DB1216 - N14 1.6L
DB1148 - N14 2.0L
DB1302 - N15 1.6L
DB1281 - N15 2.0L

second time round i go the N15 1.6, as SSS said their newer > otherwise N14 1.6. Pads for my N14 2.0L brakes are hard to come by due to the performance lines being discontinued by manufactures. And same with the disc's, plenty of 18mm discs avail but i haven't found any other 20mm discs but the DBA's yet.

some more info to confuse. I doubt the accuracy of these weights > think their avg shipping weights, i got them off www.discpads.com.au , but what it shows the considerable weight difference of the monster brakes which cisco mentioned, plus the bigger calipers.

Disc Rotor Weights:

DBA420 4kg - K11 1.3L

DBA628 5kg - N14 1.6L
DBA900 5kg - N14 2.0L
DBA899 4kg - N15 1.6L
DBA901 7kg - N15 2.0L

allthough this is a european site, you'll get the idea about 20mm discs being hard to come by and overpriced compared to 18mm discs > http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pages/sbv_pl.asp?Vehicle=NSSUN01&PartType=BRE10

bosito's on the money with the dish wheels to give them the large lip/dish, they'll be like +5 or negative,

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
Yoiks so my front discs are 7kg each!!! That's just berzerk.

Any wonder the car feels top heavy - because it is!

But they look so tough through the front wheels and work so damn well. Ok I'll keep them, just have to remove more weight from other areas to make up for it. Like titanium wheel nuts and carbon bonnet or something.

But brakes are unsprung weight which is a real bummer. Maybe I just have to get some even lighter wheels one time.

CMF_ciccio

» CMF Member
tanto per iniziare....ciao....NON SO SE PARLI ITALIANO, volevo chiederti che marca sono i tuoi overfender? dove li posso ordinare? cmq complimenti la tua micra is beatiful :) ciao grazie!!!

Back