What to expect to pay?

Depends how the seal is fitted alot of nw ones have a ring in the centre which helps slide it over the crank but if it needs the casing taking off would be alot just from labour charge i would have thought

Karl, make a date for yourself ( got to be free day) then you can spend whole day to fix your sr :)

Hope this will work out for you

Karl, make a date for yourself ( got to be free day) then you can spend whole day to fix your sr :)

Hope this will work out for you

I don't have a SR I've got a Super S, also christmas time isn't really the best time to abandon the family

all you need it a powerbar the correct socket and a screwdriver mabye a torch in your mouth easy man no popint in paying for it

oh wait micras are chain not belts erm might be a bit harder :confused:

you could try some stop leak
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wynns-Eng...le_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item19d643716f

no the internal cam timing is chain but the external crank pulley drives the waterpump & alternator via belt. so as shown in my blog link it's real easy, the only hardest part is getting the pulley off the crank

karl exactly as polly said, be careful pulling the crank pulley off as they can be damaged fairly easily, the best way i remove the seals too is to drill a small hole in the metal part of the seal, screw in a self tapper and use a nail extractor on a hammer to oink it out :)

Back