What is the average cost

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Going to have my clutch replaced soon and I am wondering what the normal price from mechanics is? I already have the parts and will be just paying for there labor but would be handy knowing what other have payed to make sure I don't get ripped off.

Also I am sure I have a leaking injector. Better to have them serviced or replace them?

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
U serious lowMicra? only $150? Lets break it up...average person with proper tools and lift about in a workshop:

Labour removing and reinstalling gearbox, plus adjustment approx 3hrs
optional = removing flywheels, machining it, changing rear engine seal another 1 hr
Then plus parts cost ie, clutch kit, oils, etc...

So i dont know how ur actually making a living on $150 clutch change? Even assuming the customers supply all the parts including oil. Most shop would charged $70-$80 per hr average that would be approx $250 at minimum.
If i was a shop owner i wouldnt Even touch it for $250 as you have to factor in the fact that if something ****ed up not anything due to your fault ie, faulty parts supply by the customer etc. then it would be over my head pulling it apart and redoing it as i would have a reputation to keep. Therefore most if not all workshop would prefer to supply and fit the part themself.
I would assume an average cost of $400-$500 to be reasonable for a clutch change. Thats just my opinion.

CMF_rowstar1

» CMF Member
had my nismo super coppermix clutch put into my s15 including Nismo gearbox mounts at the Nissan dealership for 300, that is a much much bigger job than a little micra clutch.
have you seen a micra clutch?.....it's so tiny it's a joke, i couldn't believe that was my clutch haha

Back