what did you do to your micra today ?

image.jpg

...YAY!!!! much better ^_^

DSC00562_zps9d111b55.jpg

the only thing that I think would make it more perfect is I think it could have done with a third layer of the tape in the area towards the catch in the centre, but it's pretty solid anyhow...
In the event I need to remove tha bit of trim again I'm gonna have alot of fun! LOL

Might have to try that with my one. Actually had nissan replace it when I got the car as I thought it was just broken. Two weeks later my friend broke it again and then broke the rear-door cover trim on the same day - bloody excellent, wasn't impressed haha!

Replaced some clips on the grill and re-fitted it, hoping it would stay on better than before, but unfortunately not :( It's still a little loose and when I push one side on the other side pops back off..

Replaced some clips on the grill and re-fitted it, hoping it would stay on better than before, but unfortunately not :( It's still a little loose and when I push one side on the other side pops back off..
Is everything else straight? You measured up where the headlights etc sit and made sure they line up right? (im mean troubleshooting if its the grill or the car that's a problem).

Might have to try that with my one. Actually had nissan replace it when I got the car as I thought it was just broken. Two weeks later my friend broke it again and then broke the rear-door cover trim on the same day - bloody excellent, wasn't impressed haha!

Took literally 5 minutes LOL, think I might do my mums one while she's away this week...see if she even notices <_<

My boot lid trim was all scratched to death, so I got one that looked brand new out of a scrapped, 5-door, 2007 "Spirita" :p
I did notice when I took my old boot trim off that it was missing about 3 or 4 or the fixing clips, and so was the one from the spirita...of course now I've got tonnes of clips and replaced the missing ones ^_^
is your trim cracked?...or just loose/coming away...give it a good bash if it's just loose...might do the trick, pop it back into place? ;)

id end up just spraying them similar colour to those^

+ those are 15"s yours are 13"s and with me only dropping 35mm I figured 15s would minimise arch gap

id end up just spraying them similar colour to those^

+ those are 15"s yours are 13"s and with me only dropping 35mm I figured 15s would minimise arch gap
Wheel size has no real direct effect on arch gap, unless you deliberately run the wrong tyres and end up with a different rolling radius (not really ideal) and bigger/smaller wheels just facilitate that change. Obviously running 20" wheels will affect it but I'm talking maintaining diameter with tyre and wheel

Wdid? Realised I need to raise my front end a bit... The tyres have caught the arch, and also the actual chassis legs above the wheel... Could be solved with stiffer springs but tbh I don't wanna spend out on making the car less comfy and also handle worse.

Wdid? Realised I need to raise my front end a bit... The tyres have caught the arch, and also the actual chassis legs above the wheel... Could be solved with stiffer springs but tbh I don't wanna spend out on making the car less comfy and also handle worse.
Thats down to wheel choice if my setup is anything to go by

Rolling radius is the same as stock, the width accounts for the arches, however the pothole I hit earlier has blown my front left shock which covers the excessive travel and rubbing

Yeah ta technix ones, doubt its worth a rebuild but I'm gonna get on to the council tomorrow about the pothole and the damage It's caused and see what they'll do.

One more thing ticked of the list ...rear wiper conversion ,wasnt really hard jus swapped it with one of my dads cars which hes selling cos hes a trader, looks alot better :)

Yesterday ; fitted a new bonnet pin catch (old one had cracked), fitted all seat mount bolt with bigger and stonger washers as per lastest requirements in MSA news, removed the radio and speaker, fitted road section intercom and headsets which are great as they cut out the noise and allow a decent conversation and you can feed a ipod etc.... In the aux in port :) fitted new wheel nuts.

Today ; been grass autotesting, finished 3rd overall (and in class)

Now got loads of video to sort out this week from this weekends autotest and last weeks autosolo. Also got a load of micra parts to list on ebay.

Is everything else straight? You measured up where the headlights etc sit and made sure they line up right? (im mean troubleshooting if its the grill or the car that's a problem).

Yeah everything else is straight, as is the grill. I think it might be the square holes the clip go into have worn away a little so they're not staying in tight enough
Means you haven't used enough cable ties mate.
I think that's the only solution, i'll just use some cable ties on the inside of the grill to hold it on :p

Wdidy? took some photos of the effect the pothole had (just quick ones of the struts)

Front right (normal condition)

Front left (distinctly buggered)

totally covered in oil and theres more there after driving it, it actually drips off. Will have the strut off soon and check everything out just gotta dig out some spare suspension first.

Wdidy? took some photos of the effect the pothole had (just quick ones of the struts)

Front right (normal condition)

Front left (distinctly buggered)

totally covered in oil and theres more there after driving it, it actually drips off. Will have the strut off soon and check everything out just gotta dig out some spare suspension first.
make sure the council pays for your laser toe and camber alignment too ;)

make sure the council pays for your laser toe and camber alignment too ;)
From the look of things i'd end up in a full scale battle with them, they tend to try to wiggle out and you have to reinforce your claim, prove their maintenance was wrong etc etc... They wont just accept that their effin pothole broke your car. I'll email them and see what gets said but tbh i really can't be bothered with it. Just adds to the list of crap i need to buy for this stupid car.

From the look of things i'd end up in a full scale battle with them, they tend to try to wiggle out and you have to reinforce your claim, prove their maintenance was wrong etc etc... They wont just accept that their effin pothole broke your car. I'll email them and see what gets said but tbh i really can't be bothered with it. Just adds to the list of crap i need to buy for this stupid car.
Not possible to swerve round it?

You look like you're drunk but avoids disasters :)

Not possible to swerve round it?

You look like you're drunk but avoids disasters :)
I had oncoming traffic and also it surprised me, didnt look that bad til i hit it. I thought i'd taken the smoother route as that whole bit of the road is a mess. Still, gonna have the front set up off later and go back to stock shocks and chopped teins so i can drive a slightly less broken car and maybe try to fix the shock somehow. Also found one of my cv boots is gonna go soon (cracking) and as i already knew i really could do with a new gearbox.

Male sure you have pictures of the pothole Joe, the council will do anything not to pay out
yeah got photos at the time. Having looked up the process i really doubt i'll bother, its just not worth all the hassle for what maybe fifty quid if im lucky. I'll just carry on griping and despising them as i always have. Dug out my old shocks and springs to fit later. Back to the old grinder for leveling it out :)

Back