*Increases the firmness feel from the clutch pedal
20121025_155541.jpg

Did this nifty little clutch lever mod which
*Gets me a little longer from my stretched clutch cable
*Pulls the clutch quicker
*Shortens the bite window
*Increases the firmness feel from the clutch pedal
20121025_155541.jpg

thats neat, did it take much work? also can you move the bite point like this? mines very high so theres lots of useless travel on it...

thats neat, did it take much work? also can you move the bite point like this? mines very high so theres lots of useless travel on it...

Yes Joe, it can change the bitepoint, though a quick twizzle on the grey thumbwheel in there is meant for doing exactly that.
I drilled a hole vertically down through the lever, then cut two slots to it using a hacksaw blade held in a cloth. A quick tidy up with the dremel and voila, 'Hello uncle Robert' You can also lower the pedal resting height easily with the adjuster bolt above it. Mines now slightly down level with the brake pedal.

In case no one has seen it yet, some Micras from this month's Banzai.

I paid £4.50 for this so appreciate it :p
Big pic for extra enjoyment
FVjnz.jpeg

BONUS PIC
WkbTo.jpeg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

The Micra wouldnt start this morning. The plugs kept oiling up. After lots of cleaning and swearing i decided to whiz to Halfrauds and treated myself to plugs, leads and an air filter.
This seems to have sorted it :)

After speaking to Frank aka the oracle I decided to go down the corsa piston route :)

Well after what seems like ages ( the bloke who deals with boring went on the sick Grrr ) I've had the newly machined block and pistons back :)

The machine shop wernt happy to skim the block untill I'd built the bottom end up and measured the piston to deck height.

Sooo this afternoon I built it up

IMAG0325.jpg

Measured repeatedly and came to the measurement of 3mm to be removed ( Frank had already told me this figure but they insisted I measured )

It's all been broken down and the block is ready to go off again to get skimmed

Closer pic of piston

IMAG0326-1.jpg

Well everyone I no longer have my beloved micra it got traded in yesterday for the almera I bought, it was so hard driving it back to the dealers to take new car home, farewell drive was sad and heartbreaking, I miss her already :( but the new almera is a beauty, power and very comfy with lots of gadgets :) when the gf passes her test il give her almera and have me a micra again I will be back. :)

A weekend of work in the garage has seen me fitting the newer and uprated Spax front shocks, fitting the Humprhis Grp A exhaust system, mounting the hyd handbrake and bias valve (will be plumbed in later) and fitting the 22mm Whiteline adjustable rear ARB to the rally car, still got the 1600cc injectors, brake cooling ducting, and Grp A airbox still to fit, and a CF HID lamp pod to wire up and build.

Passed the MOT :)

Got back and removed the OEM airbox and lots of un-needed brackets and the carbon canister. Going to fit the 1600 injectors, but found they are very very tight, any tips on un-doing them?

Also removed the cam cover to clean and paint that, do people bother with a new gasket or just a clean up, bit of silicon and away we go?

Passed the MOT :)

Got back and removed the OEM airbox and lots of un-needed brackets and the carbon canister. Going to fit the 1600 injectors, but found they are very very tight, any tips on un-doing them?

Also removed the cam cover to clean and paint that, do people bother with a new gasket or just a clean up, bit of silicon and away we go?
I just siliconed mine on after i painted it and its all good

Back