what did you do to your micra today ?

WDIDT? Drove my 10 for the first time since saturday and marvelled at how well this 20 year old shopping trolley coped. It started first turn of the key and sat idling perfectly while I brushed 2 foot of snow from the entire car. It then quite happily pulled itself out of 2 foot of snow and drove beautifully, even while stuck in the usual weather related traffic jams. Overall very happy and more than a little impressed, especially considering how I've dicked about with it! :rolleyes:

trusty steeds aint they ade, only 1 foot of snow here :)
snowy1.JPG

its the one's that attach the axle to the body, cant get the bolts out at all! the axle had a big rust hole in so when i hit the curb it just snapped :(

its the one's that attach the axle to the body, cant get the bolts out at all! the axle had a big rust hole in so when i hit the curb it just snapped :(
they do tend to seize in eh ben, best to grind the head off the bolt and spread the chassis (then drift the bolt out when its off the car)

ye completely seized, what you mean drift the bolt out?
cut the head off with a 1mm slitting (grinder) stone, then lever the chassis ears apart (they,re pi## thin) then place the bush over a socket (on the floor) and bladder the remains of the bolt out with a drift

Matiz front struts with perch lowerd and corsa rear shocks with cut springs, sits lower at the back on level ground but i live on a massive hill so when you put the handbrake on it lifts the back up if your facing up the hill.

How many coils you cut on the back man?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Just over 2 coils cut off the rear and still captive when jacked up with corsa dampers. I measured the off cut of the springs and both off cuts were 77mm so it should be 77mm lower :)

Nice one mate, im the same with 2 coils off the back but wanting to go lower, too much arch gap still haha

Nice one mate, im the same with 2 coils off the back but wanting to go lower, too much arch gap still haha

I feel you! K11s always look like they can go lower on 13s. Shame that if you chase the no arch gap look you'll end up with a car that scrapes along the floor and an unhappy panhard rod

I like the stance of your car and them alloys just set it off! Dont go to much lower but i think a tiny bit would be good :) Ive gotta wait for mine to settle in a bit and then go from there, it sits alot better on level ground. Just need some nice wheels for mine and maybe de bumpstrip it oh and get my super s front bumper and spoiler sprayed :D

I feel you! K11s always look like they can go lower on 13s. Shame that if you chase the no arch gap look you'll end up with a car that scrapes along the floor and an unhappy panhard rod

Yeah, when I changed from my steels to the alloys the arch gap bigger, that's the only thing that bugs me haha that's true an unhappy panhard rod isn't good but a bit of scrape done noone any harm :rolleyes: haha

I like the stance of your car and them alloys just set it off! Dont go to much lower but i think a tiny bit would be good :) Ive gotta wait for mine to settle in a bit and then go from there, it sits alot better on level ground. Just need some nice wheels for mine and maybe de bumpstrip it oh and get my super s front bumper and spoiler sprayed :D

Cheers mate! Yeah im wanting to go just a weee bit lower :p sounds like good plans! Only way is up for the little thing ;)

Back