What can cause battery drain on audio circuit besides the stereo?

I am missing the music whilst driving because I've had to pull the audio fuse on my K12 SA to prevent the battery going dead. The leak is intermittent. When the car is at rest (ignition off, doors closed or locked) the load across the battery terminals is 320 to 330mA. This drops to 60mA when the audio fuse under the bonnet is pulled. 60mA is the reading I get when the intermittent leak is not evident so I guess this is the normal background load. So I reckon I have an ittermittent stray load of around a quarter of an amp. There is no sign of life on the stereo and no faulty backlight coming on. I don't want to go to the trouble of changing the stereo unneccessarily. It works fine and is the original. Does anyone know if there is anything else on the audio circuit that might cause a parasitic leak?
I would appreciate any advice. I've read a lot of blogs but most parasitic drains seem to be associated with the boot lock -I had that one too for a while but it's fixed now!
Cheers!

You need to check if the power wires to the radio are not swooped around needs positive 12V from battery for the memory which is usually yellow and red one after switched on positive as well for power after you have started the car or naked wire causes power leakage

Back