well now ive been finished after career change.....

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
well i got finished from MKL a week gone friday, in asda with me mate when i got the call, i suppose its just one of them things with agencys!. now as im finished, im looking into a trade, hopefull to go self employed n taking no crap n working supid 3 shift patterns for minimum wage! i done brickwork and joinery after school but never go into it but since i got the micra, doing the welding,bodging,fibreglass,grills and other custom work i feel i have a knack and (with out being big headed) a talent at it and i think im preatty good at it. my mam thinks im a "swear evasion is naughty jack of all trades" but if you dont try, ya wont know what u like, n i really dont see the point in doing a job u dont like! theres pics off my eairly work below and i think it was upto a stanard (bumper wasnt finished, gave it to awesome dawson). i think im gonna have to go to college for it tho which is crap for £30 a week but with a part time job i emagin it would be ok. any one go to college n do it n whats it like? after a idea on difficulty too so any comments welcome!

ohhh and thanks for reading such a long post lol!

Attachments

• DSC00364.jpg
    DSC00364.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 141
  • nearlydun1.jpg
    nearlydun1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 143
  • painted.jpg
    painted.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 140
  • oncar.jpg
    oncar.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 127
Having a photo of James T's K11 as your avatar is very confusing LOL, for a moment I thought James had had a few beers too many.

I am not exactly sure what you are planning on doing, your post is quite hard to comprehend. Are you thinking of going into the bodywork/panel beating business etc?

i think what hes saying is that he is quite good at custom work like welding etc and want opinions whether he should go to college for a course.

i would say theres nothing wrong in doing something you like, if college courses will take this profession further then why not? its not about the money you will get from attending college but if the course is actually worth it and add value to your career.

To go into what you mention, you will NEED to goto college and train, and start on minimum wage and be a joey, you won't be able to get straight into it, the bits you're good at are the "simple" parts of bodywork, to get into the mainstream you have to go through the apprenticeship route.

are you sure it's me you gave the bumper to? I don't think I've seen that before :p =/

Back