Wanted: Dual Suspension Mountain Bike

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

Not really a Micra/Micra related but thought I'd ask just incase.

I'm looking for a dual suspension mountain bike for under $1000 if anyone knows of one getting around

Thanks guys

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
Kewl!

http://www.corc.asn.au/classifieds/type.asp?iType=26

I used to have a Giant AC2 (the one I sold through these forums - and I bought it off a CORC member as per that link above too. Really good bike, but more weighted towards the free-ride/downhill end of dual suspensions. Was a bit to heavy for general farting around and going really fast on flat roads or uphills. Bounced around a fair bit when you were trying to put the power down. Absolutely beautiful though for screaming down hills fast, could virtually hit gutters head on with just the slightest lift of the front bars and it just cruises straight over them.

I'm also looking for a MTB at the moment mate. But wanting to get a hardtail this time. Really miss the whole super lightweight setup. Want something really light sub 9-10Kg and really responsive and fast to ride when you put the power down.

I've always ridden Giants - had about 7 of them in total I think. Found them to be really solid/quality bikes. Cannondales tend to spend more money in the frames, the frames are lighter and higher quality, but easier to damage (the metal is thin like a coke can). Giants make excellent frames, but more robust and practical.

Are you after like a free-ride/downhill type setup or more of a lightweight dually for practical every day riding around type thing?

cisco

» CMF Member
I used to have a Giant ATX-980 once too. The red/silver model. Awesome bike! Had the old Judy SL long travel front lightweight suspension, about 4" rear travel, but still relatively lightweight. Would love one of those now even really - top bike. Great compromise between hardtail and dually.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Moreso a dually for getting around with the occasional squirt downhill

Might be inclined to go for a hardtail as well but we'll have to see!

Would prefer to spend $500ish but don't know... After having a good look around there isn't much on offer even for $1000 which is ALOT of money for a student

Also, would LOVE a Giant but again, prices are a bizitch!

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
Giant Rincon/Yukon/Sedona are all good quality Giant hardtails that you'll be able to pickup for around $500ish plus or minus a bit.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
go crazy? dont mind if i do :p

haha, yeah im been looking/reading up on mtb's and the different dual suspension setups, seems most are downhill stylze. Think i'd prefer a hardtail myself, most of the dualy's bounce around allot when your really putting the power down, at least the cheap huffy of my brothers does, bloody annoying thing,

let me know what you find seano, i'm keen on the same pricerange,

Alex

Back