• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

veronica the micra s

as some of yous may know i sold my micra sport earlier this week for a good price as i had done everything i wanted to do to it. money in hand i starting thinking of what to get next, little did i know that in the next half an hour i would be driving a nissan micra s 1.4 2000 with 89000 miles, 5 months tax and test for nearly half the price i sold the sport for and a lot more solid. i test drove the car and it drove perfect, drove it home perfect then got on my street and it started to die, was like no petrol was getting to the chambers. further inspection which i had missed revealed a missing fuel filter and half a radiator full of water so i topped it up with water and anti freeze, put on the fuel filter, new spark plugs, 12 litres of petrol and injector cleaner and its running fine.
gave it a good clean today, hover, dash cleaned, windows clean, wet wash, shampoo, dry, polish and back to black and im very happy with the outcome. its by far the cleanest of the 5 micras ive had, sills are solid, crossmembers solid, not a spot of rust on arches. there is a few scratches and dents but they go unnoticed really theres nothing major. apart from on the rear bumper which will have to have something done with it.

PicsArt_1363462804670.jpg

PicsArt_1363462824161.jpg

PicsArt_1363462837516.jpg

PicsArt_1363462849274.jpg

PicsArt_1363462858740.jpg

PicsArt_1363462866941.jpg

PicsArt_1363462875854.jpg

PicsArt_1363462882727.jpg

PicsArt_1363462899222.jpg

PicsArt_1363462907788.jpg

PicsArt_1363462917922.jpg

i am in no rush with this car as im enjoying the comfort of not having bleeding ears, headache and broken back at the minute however this car will be took to jae.

plans as follow:
clear indicators
wind deflectors
new numberplates
aero wipers
7.5j banded steels standard alloy silver
corsa coilovers as low as i can go
Hopefully full respray, door handles and wing mirrors colour coded
de badge
de bumpstrip.
Fog lights
Bubble tail lights

thats what Will bee done by jae, anything else will be a bonus.

Can I stick to a £1000 Jae budget?

price list:
fuel filter £7.99
spark plugs £9.99
injector cleaner £4.00
cd player £75.00
aftermarket cd harness £16.99
mats £4.00

total so far = £117.37

It should say cga3 on the block at the front near the mount on a flat part of the block
havnt looked but ive seen 1.4 s on autotrader and tbf the logbook wouldnt say it if it wasnt. matty says it has more pull then his, i dont think it has as much as the sport but it wouldt be far off its a nippy little thing. weird wih spongy suspension though haha

It looks really nice, very clean too! :) that blue is a lovely colour.
Are you going to be changing the chrome grill bits? i've still got some for sale if you were ;)

I can get you some for 30 quid mate, only cost me £20 for mine. That's 2 fogs and a stalk.
Where can you get them from? All the wiring. And sorry I didnt reply to text. Been dead in bed all day lol
It looks really nice, very clean too! :) that blue is a lovely colour.
Are you going to be changing the chrome grill bits? i've still got some for sale if you were ;)
Cheers mate :) they will eventually be going gloss black but they can't wait until I get the bumpers and door handles and that done all at same time. Also not sure if I'm going gloss black or anthracite yet either. Hmmmm

Where can you get them from? All the wiring. And sorry I didnt reply to text. Been dead in bed all day lol

Cheers mate :) they will eventually be going gloss black but they can't wait until I get the bumpers and door handles and that done all at same time. Also not sure if I'm going gloss black or anthracite yet either. Hmmmm
the wiring is behind the bumper steve you just need the stalk fog housings and possibly a small bit of wiring for inside, i have some bulbs if you need some

the wiring is behind the bumper steve you just need the stalk fog housings and possibly a small bit of wiring for inside, i have some bulbs if you need some
Ah cheers. I know where there a couple of sets of fogs. Just waiting on payday now. I'll let you know if I need bulbs cheers :)

There's one in my local scrappy. Has fogs and stalk. Don't you just have to have the fogs and stalk? and because it's a micra surely you just need the plug the stalk in and the fogs and then you're laughing. OR do you have to wire everything in?

Aye thought so like Belly, that's what i tried to do when i got mine. Anyone know where i can a fat indicator stalk with fogs on? the issue i've got is mine is the very last spec of micra made, wish i had thought about it when i was buying my car. I wouldn't have bought a coilpack engine for a start.

anyway sorry to hijack your thread Steve, want me to pick some up for you?

I think they look so much better in black than they do in chrome, I don't personally like shiny bits of trim on cars :p The ones I have for sale though are the ones that are flush with the bonnet and don't stick out ike the chrome ones do

Looks awesome. Must admit, haven't seen ANY 1.4s for sale the whole time I've been looking. Mines an S, but a 1.0 :). Good luck!

I think they look so much better in black than they do in chrome, I don't personally like shiny bits of trim on cars :p The ones I have for sale though are the ones that are flush with the bonnet and don't stick out ike the chrome ones do
I know which ones you mean I'm probably going to get this one painted want the car to be different. Deffintly no chrome though lol

Looks awesome. Must admit, haven't seen ANY 1.4s for sale the whole timek I've been looking. Mines an S, but a 1.0 :). Good luck!
Yup 1.4 I seen a silver 1.4s on autotrader but that is it. Too clear this all up I will take a picture if logbook tonight :)

Haha don't worry mate, I wasn't denying yours was a 1.4 :p. I was just saying they're quite rare now. The 1.4 would have a a noticeable power increase (one would think) over the 1.0.

Haha don't worry mate, I wasn't denying yours was a 1.4 :p. I was just saying they're quite rare now. The 1.4 would have a a noticeable power increase (one would think) over the 1.0.
Aye it is a lot quicker lol.
But on another note I was going to try peanut butter at the weekend but just used back to black instead lol

got a couple of handy stuff given to me this weekend some ive used and some put to one side for now
needed a wiper as it was missing when i bought the car. thought i was going to have to get a horrible metal one as i wasnt going to pay the prices ive seen for these ones on ebay however a friend had this lying about
PicsArt_1363630249300.jpg

PicsArt_1363630272322.jpg

also got a spare set of grills which i will put too one side for now and some brand new belts
PicsArt_1363630284095.jpg

some black seat covers, tidyer look imo
PicsArt_1363630305673.jpg

also i noticed it has a aftermarket sunroof fitted which im unhappy about as the handle is missing and i dont know where to get a replacement. dosnt look like normal micra one will fit :/ on the plus side it dosnt leak :)
PicsArt_1363630294407.jpg

couple more pics of cleaned engine as i spent alot of time doing it. wish i got a before picture to show how much cleaner it is
PicsArt_1363630332190.jpg

PicsArt_1363630350438.jpg

PicsArt_1363630363184.jpg

also car didnt have a cd player so had to go to local halfords and get one.
PicsArt_1363630317959.jpg

I'm still to find a good plastic rear wiper, I'm sick of looking at my crappy metal coat hanger. I seriously need to get round to cleaning my engine bay, yours looks brand new.

I'm still to find a good plastic rear wiper, I'm sick of looking at my crappy metal coat hanger. I seriously need to get round to cleaning my engine bay, yours looks brand new.
I know! I'm getting jealous. Mines going to take a lot of scrubbing :l

was bored after work today so out came the car polish
PicsArt_1363887453616.jpg

PicsArt_1363887462772.jpg

PicsArt_1363887470727.jpg

PicsArt_1363887478554.jpg

PicsArt_1363887545566.jpg

halfords back to black does a good job. its been on 6 days now and they were really faded grey before i applied it
PicsArt_1363887487724.jpg

polished inside the doors and boot
PicsArt_1363887495551.jpg

PicsArt_1363887505471.jpg

PicsArt_1363887513653.jpg

PicsArt_1363887522847.jpg

PicsArt_1363887534890.jpg

need a new track rod end
PicsArt_1363887556102.jpg

sills
PicsArt_1363887564072.jpg

421 manifold decat and sportex backbox
Wind deflectors
Electric windows
Wrap around spoiler
Coilovers
Hid kit
Alloys
Aero wipers

All need fitted lots of pics soon

been a bit busy with the car lately and it has changed alot from stadard to not so standard.
it all started with a trip to the scrapyard where i found a blue micra same as mine with fogs and colourcoded bumper bits so i got them and fitted them. i havnt wired the fogs in yet as the loom hasnt got that option but one day i will get round to it

then i decided to see if i could get the rocker cover off because all 6 micras ive had the screws rounded straight away so i couldnt get it off. however these came off a treat and only one was a struggle. whilst off i gave it a quick sand down. nothing special but got alot of dirt off

got the trusty old toffee wheel and drill out and set about taking off the bumstrips and the rear badges. ive left the nissan badge on because im not taking the rear wiper off. the simpler the better with this car this time round

results

then one day under peer pressure from i my cousin and si mattyjay i painted the steels white and got the (coughcough) grinder out

fitted some wind defflectors but then sold them to skymera

put a nismo oil cap on

had a set of polo 6n coilovers which i was selling but got a text off belly asking if i wanted to swap for my old starmags a set of minilites and 20quid so obviously i said yes and got them on

so thats it for the minute ive got other stuff to put on but i will explain with pics when they happen.

Back