Upgrades & Paint

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Hey folks :)

Its been a while!

So, I figured Id get a new car the other day. The Micra has been fun and its such a great car and all, but the gearbox is making all sorts of odd noises and the paint is fading.

I was looking at a Swift Sports, but its a little pricey and uses stacks of fuel for a lil car. The standard edition isnt that flash in performance either. Next option was a Fiat 500, but theyre priced for Kings.

SO! I figured I might just get a $8K - 10K personal loan and just do the Micra up. I may just change my mind again after a few days but Id like to get some of your opinions.

Heres a list of work that id get done.

1. New engine + gearbox.
2. New paint job, all over.
3. New rims.
4. New exhaust.
5. New front seats.
6. Crystal headlights + Backlights.

RE: The engine, it would be a reconditioned low KM engine.
Paint, probably dark metallic grey or black
Rims, 14" maybe? No idea.

If youve had any of this work done for a Micra before, how much did it cost?

Cheers,
Toma.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Toma WROTE:

"RE: The engine, it would be a reconditioned low KM engine.
Paint, probably dark metallic grey or black
Rims, 14" maybe? No idea.

All of those sound good, especially the decision for the 14's! :D Some lightweight, decent offset 14's always get the thumbs up in my books.

As for costings, I don't think many people like to add up how much their projects cost (myself included) but the loan you're thinking about there is probably a good start.

Do it mate.

---dens

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Well, Id like to know what I could do with that cash. Then I can get a very rough estimate on it. Also, then I can scratch things off that are not really required. eg; Seats + Exhaust.

Also, lightened flywheel will be put in the engine too. :)

Back