twin engined k11

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
so i thoght two would make it go better...

p.s. im not ppl smuggling... :D

Attachments

• 47831.jpg
    47831.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 18

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
micra.com.au!

handled the drive fine, and once again the micra shows how awesome it can be! striped out rear for the hillclimb and as a doubles as a van! how many other hill climb cars can do that?

the engine looks pretty cool, its an automatic one wich is nice for the supposed added strength. and has a plastic cam cover!

Attachments

• 47833.jpg
    47833.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 21

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"the engine looks pretty cool, its an automatic one wich is nice for the supposed added strength. and has a plastic cam cover!

Pretty much any import CG13 you'll find is like this - i've yet to see an import motor that hasn't had a flex plate attached to it on arrival :p Is it from that dude on eBay? Noticed there was a guy advertising some recently..

Looking good :)

---dens

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
haha cheers dens was just going to ask what a flex plate was, recognised that it was from an auto tho. do all autos have flex plates as oppossed to flywheels?

am i right in thinking that there is no performance advantage of a jdm engine?

deNs WROTE:
Is it from that dude on eBay? Noticed there was a guy advertising some recently..

yup it was on ebay, seems fine allthough havent oppened it

xero WROTE:

"cool.

whats happening with that sprinter there..

xero id love to own the 86 and join you but its not mine and unfortunatly its getting a 1G supra engine put in it. still trying to talk my way into getting it and putting in a 4age :D

CMF_xero

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

id love to own the 86 and join you but its not mine and unfortunatly its getting a 1G supra engine put in it. still trying to talk my way into getting it and putting in a 4age :D<BR><BR>

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

dont put a 1g in it!! they are the worst motor ever... toyota's version of an RB20.
if he wants to make power turbo a 20v engine, its lighter, makes as much power, revs harder and is much easier conversion!

CMF_MacGillaZ

» CMF Member
xero WROTE:

dont put a 1g in it!! they are the worst motor ever... toyota's version of an RB20.

if he wants to make power turbo a 20v engine, its lighter, makes as much power, revs harder and is much easier conversion!

Explain to me what is wrong with an RB20 mate?

And maybe not everyone wants to be Takumi with a rev hungry 20V in their 86. Some peeps like to be different.

I would recommend a 1J rather than the 1G, or an SR20, but each to their own, both have been done to death.

CMF_xero

» CMF Member
nothings wrong with an RB20. you can sit a RB20 on the limiter all day and it will keep on going..
its just with its all iron block and head it completely ****s up the balance of the AE86 (which is near as damn to 50:50 weight distribution)
look at it this way. you bolt on a turbo to a 4agze, you looking down the barrel of a 140-150rwkw straight up. combine that with 900kg kerb weight and the car will paint lines everywhere.
add in a 20v head (which flows 40% better than 16v)you will have bulk power, with a power band ranging from 2000rpm to 8000rpm.

Back