Throttle Body the same on coil pack as distributor cg10de?

Recently bought a 1.0 2002 Micra, and she needs a new throttle body. Found a fella on Facebook scrapping a micra for parts, but it’s a pre-facelift model. Anyone know if the throttle body from the older distributor engine is the same and will fit onto my coilpack motor?

Quote: “Recently bought a 1.0 2002 Micra, and she needs a new throttle body”.

What evidence do you have for suggesting that the TB requires replacing?

Quote: “Anyone know if the throttle body from the older distributor engine is the same and will fit onto my coil pack motor”?

Not the same & not interchangeable TB.

The later year 2000 onwards TB has a replaceable mass air flow sensor available in the new spare parts aftermarket. ;)

Quote: “Recently bought a 1.0 2002 Micra, and she needs a new throttle body”.

What evidence do you have for suggesting that the TB requires replacing?

Quote: “Anyone know if the throttle body from the older distributor engine is the same and will fit onto my coil pack motor”?

Not the same & not interchangeable TB.

The later year 2000 onwards TB has a replaceable mass air flow sensor available in the new spare parts aftermarket. ;)

Ah cheers lad, couldn’t find this info online.
On idle, revs are jumping up and down around 1.5k to 3k rpm, particularly when warm, we were also thinking it could be linked to MAF sensor but not too sure

Ah cheers lad, couldn’t find this info online.
On idle, revs are jumping up and down around 1.5k to 3k rpm, particularly when warm, we were also thinking it could be linked to MAF sensor but not too sure

Assuming it is not misfiring, & is starting & driving ok, than erratic idle, is equally likely due to idle air leaks, exhaust gas leaks & unstable idle fuel pressure?

Erratic idle, (not to be confused with Eric Idle or me Bone Idle according to the Mrs) can be researched in the MSC top right corner search function.

K11 Hunting Unstable Idle at DuckDuckGo

Search results for query: erratic idle | Micra Sports Club

Good Luck, Happy Hunting.

Thanks bud, I’ll have to look into it further so :)
Appreciate the help man

Happy to help.

There are some real in depth experienced K11 Micra experts on here & if you can accurately describe issues together with any fault codes they are pleased to help to keep these old cars going at minimal marginal costs. :)

Coilpack has a different throttlebody. Not interchangable. (also wont even bolt on as bolt spacing is different)
And the maf is removable on the coilpack throttlebody so no need to replace the whole throttlebody if its bad. Also the maf cannot be resoldered unlike the dizzy maf.

Id start with checking for air leaks.

Back