• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Red Rocket Blog

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Being bored off work I've decided to start a blog, it wont progress as fast as others because of a debt i need to pay off. So here's my Micra then, it's not much to look at just now but that's only coz I'm balls at saving money to improve it. I wish i took pictures from when i first got it so i could show the improvements.

Whats been done so far...

3 different head units but JVC currently
In Phase door speakers
Lowered 50mm on standard shockers unfortunately
Janspeed 4-2-1 manifold with full system
And the open mouth grille

DSC00171-1.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

The future plans are...

Colour code the sh*t out of it
Tint the back 3
Alloys
Sort out the exhaust pushing up against the back bumper
New shockers
Improve the sound system
And if all goes to plan....maybe drop a 1.3 in it, or just buy one.

So there it is

Cheers(Y)

Being bored off work I've decided to start a blog, it wont progress as fast as others because of a debt i need to pay off.

Dude, dont let it worry you!
So many people here expect things done overnight - and if you don't do it within a week, they give up on you!
They don't realise there's a lot more to life than building your car! ;)

Good stuff done so far, some nice mods!
Exhaust a little un-subtle, eh? ;)

Yeah its hard as well, having a dad who hates the thought of changing anything from standard. And none of my mates are into cars, mainly because they cant bloody drive haha. I mean im hardly a mechanic but i like to think i know the basics but when it comes to working on the engine then its time for a change of pants.
But that exhaust is immense, the grumble instead of a rasp is what i love most. Just bad that the guy who fitted it says it was too long so that why it pushes up against the back bumper. I didnt have time to argue which i should have because ive seen cars on here with the same thing and its no where near as far up as mine.

Great start to a blog there, there's nothing wrong with slow moving blogs, you should see mine I just update these days with pointless stuff. We all have money problems but your can looks like it's had a good start.

Yeah its a good motor. Especially with the 30,000 miles its only done, at least i know it not gonna blow anytime soon. When i first got it, i honestly thought it would be gone by the month but its nippy as frick. Plus of course theres the aim to get a faster micra than stani's haha

your exhaust mate, if its janspeed from the front to the back then it shouldnt be like that. i reckon where the 2-1 part is just hasnt been pushed in far enough. and you know you can come to me if you wanted a 1.3 engine fitted ;)

Now ya see that's what i needed, at least i know what to look for now. Maybe get that sorted within the week then. Cheers bud.
AND!!
I'm gonna hold you to that 1.3 offer mate, I look forward to it.

looks good man facelift steelies? reminds me of mines at i have done just about the same ammount of mods :laugh:

Yeah its quite a beast...i consider this to be my first car, even though it isnt but i crashed the corsa so many times it shouldnt have survived as long as it did.
Pay day today so i think im gonna go buy some cheap 6x9's out halfords or autosave. But i'll need something to cover them up coz ive had 6x9's stolen before. Will a normal cover be ok or do i really need that acoustic cloth stuff?

And the steelies are the ones that were on it when i bought it, a bit rusty but when i seen the perfection of the spare steelie i knew i needed to spray them. But thats for next week hopefully.

Nice lil car,lovely mileage!Be a shame to replace that engine,why not get all the other stuff done & think about that later?..
The dent in your bumper would press out with some heat from behind.You can use hot air gun/hairdryer or fill it with hot water.

Yeah but the exhaust is pushin up against the bumper causin it to flex. There was damamge to the back bumper when i bought it and i think it threw it out of line a bit so im thinking maybe if i get new bumpers then that might solve it. Or the boy who fitted it is an utter kn*b.
Me and my dad painted my old punctured steelie today and it looks damn good. So if he can bother his lazy arse then maybe get all 4 painted tomorrow. Im going for black with a red lip.

Back