• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Swiper's Blog.

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
well i think it's time that i finally wrote up a blog of my micras.
sorry for the long story:)lol

it all started a couple of yrs ago when i wanted a cheap run around so we could get the wife a car, after passing her test.
as i trained as a nissan technician for about 4 yrs, i thought i'd get a silver k11 facelift 1.0 Si to do my 60 mile a day round trip to work, as i know nissans inside and out (up untill 2002, now i build Toyota's). vowing not to modify this car, i went back on my word once i stumbled on the MSC and originally registered as Silver_SI. then talked the wife into getting a green 1.3 Si after noticing the potential of the k11.
we modified the wife's with a K&N induction kit,lowered 35mm on kyb springs with 15"s, omp strut brace, fitted 1.6 N14 vented brakes, aftermarket steering wheel and boss kit, debadged and modified grills.
i ended up re-building my cg10 engine into a 1275cc cg10, fitting a janspeed manifold, s/s cat back system into a 4" jap style can. lowering it 35mm on kyb springs, sold the standard 13" alloys and fitted the 1.3 si 14's, modified the grills same as the wife's, fitted rear head restraints, fully debadged including bonnet, nissan march numberplate holder cover and a leguna front splitter.
then it was time to get a bigger car as we have got two kids (3 and 5yrs old), so about3 months ago we bought the wife an N16 almera sport+ (which now has a 5" jap style backbox off tommo).
i put the 1.0 back to standard, sold most of the aftermarket parts, swapped some onto, now, my green k11 and sold the silver 1.0 to my brother-in-law and changed my username to Swiper, because silver_si wouldn't make much sense having a green car;).
then modified the green k11 some more, which now has the following done, followed by pics.
janspeed manifold, lighter cg10 flywheel and crank pully, 15" alloys, lowered 35mm on kyb springs and kyb gas shocks, 1.6 N14 vented brakes, aftermarket steering wheel and boss kit, rear head reastraints, whiteline castor kit, front fogs, inside headlights painted black, clear side repeaters, tinted rear quarter windows, a borrowed ashley comp backbox, debadged and modified grills (same as the ones i did for squarepants).

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 382
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 377
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 400
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 421
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    609.1 KB · Views: 426
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 438
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 436
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 410
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 415
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 408
i've still got a rear disc axle to fit that i got off kristian. and i've also purchased a cg13 auto block, which is ideal for a turbo application ;), but my kids come frist, so the turbo will have to wait a year or two :(.
hera's some more pics

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 383
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 326
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 319
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 357
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 382
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 327
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 376
dont get green stuff pads..... they wont get hot enough to work.

get the black diamond predator pads..... i have them and they are soooo ,goood..

all the pulsar and skyline guys are raving about them.... and the disks are perfect..

hehe stops on a sixpence she does

Those calipers really are a nice colour...

do you mean the ones inthe pics at top of page? is so, then they are my current n14 1.6 brakes, i've just had raceworx gti/gti-r calipers, which will be painted the same green to match the car:)

I am almost certain that the crank, pistons and rods are different between the cg10, cg13 and cga13.
Craig

hi mate what did you do to the cg10 eng to make it a 1275cc?

you'll need to change the crank and rods to get to 1275cc, i also used the 1.3 pistons and cams.
i wouldn't do it again- too expensive to do it properly, cheaper and easier to change your engine for a cg13.

check out my mumified manifold:)
and sample pic of my discs, the place was shut on sat, so hopefully getting em tomorrow with greenstuff pads

Attachments

• 16092007260.jpg
    16092007260.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 375
  • discs.jpg
    discs.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 318
it was a pain in the donkey doing the 4-2 part of it. but it came through in the end, just got to order new gaskets and get it back on the car. then make my catback system

ok clever, how in the hell are you gonna get that on the car without taking the whole front end and front anti-roll bar off?

nice tho..

the same way i took it off, because it's also welded together. anti-roll bar is a 2 minute job with the amount of times it's been on and off, then just remove the alternator and bracket. it's a once a year job for mot so i don't really mind. and maybe after i wrap the second it'll pass emmisions now it'll be keeping most of the heat in exhaust, then i shouldn't need to take it off until turbo time:)

how many grovves in them discs! personally i think theres to many, as the pads wont touch the disc much.

i see where you're coming from, but they'll be ok, thre's still enough surface to grap onto. they just provive better cooling than less grooved ones. for the price i'm getting em for, i'm not going to argue.

maybe after i wrap the second it'll pass emmisions now it'll be keeping most of the heat in exhaust, then i shouldn't need to take it off until turbo time:)

That is a good point, that - I like your thinking, you can pass ifyou have a PBV and turn it right the way down to the bottom too.

That is a good point, that - I like your thinking, you can pass ifyou have a PBV and turn it right the way down to the bottom too.

i've heard that about pbv's, just not ideal for when i eventually turbo so i've heard also.
Like those front grills... did you make them or buy them? either way can you tell me how to get some.
Great blog by the way.
Maximus

i made them by cutting my original ones up, the chrome part clips off, cut out the bars and paint it then just place some mesh in between and either hot glue parts together or melt the black part so they can clip back together.

It was nice to meet you on Sunday, shame you werent in your car, i wouldnt have minded having a proper look at it :)

well, i started cleaning up the gti/gti-r calipers. got them painted and the new seals that i bought don't fit properly. got them from biggred.co.uk for £30ish, now i've got to send em back with an original slider seal so they can match it up, and now there's that postal skrike on til wednesday!!! i was hoping to get the brakes on today ready for santa pod tomorrow. :(

No - you want the smaller brakes for Pod!

lol, i didn't run, just there for japshow:)
here's a pic of me on jap-n-crazy stand from today, next to ratchetk11's micra (check out his front side exit exhaust)

Attachments

• 07102007275.jpg
    07102007275.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 352
here's a pic of my gti/gti-r calipers, just waiting for new seals to arrive. and pics of my new backbox, used magnex center silencer and custom 10mm thick exhaust flanges. just got to buy some mandrel bends and some straight pipe, oh and stainless steel welding wire.

Attachments

• 13102007280.jpg
    13102007280.jpg
    957.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 14102007281.jpg
    14102007281.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 305
  • 14102007282.jpg
    14102007282.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 270
while the cars's off the road having the exhaust made/welded, i thought i'd order one of these micra fitment intakes. hopefully this will come in time for the rolling road session in december. :)
intake.jpg

very nice! like that alot! why u changing setup?

because i only have a standard airbox and filter on atm. my other cone filter just sat ontop of the throttle body with a cold air feed. not the best set up.
and after reading about micra_charge's 'tuned' length of filter intake, this sits in about the same position as his/retepetsir's.
how much did that intake cost out of intrest?

£56 delivered brand new :);)

Back