suzuki stays ahead of nissan again

whats not reliable about it? don't take this like i'm starting an argument here just interested what you mean :)

but your right it all comes to down to opinion which is better

just read a lot of posts about k12s having to go back with problems like puddles forming in places, air bag control thingie went wrong, immoboliser broke on way home.. etc but the k11 might have had similar problems when it first came out, i was only 8 in 1993 :p

the puddles were from riks accident? not from nissan.

and theres been a few probs to, i've had my share lol but like you said so will any car when it first comes out.

how about all the k11 threads with my car won't start, tb's knackered. swings and round abouts really.

tbh i think we all wrote off the k12 when we all heard renault were having a hand in the making, i know i did but then i dove the 160 and it sold itself.

edit: about a/c i would prob remove it at a later date, i thought the swift would have come with to. if i knew it didn't i would have really considered waiting for the swift.

i expect the swift will come with it, there are no specs yet so will have to see.. i have read several reviews of the swift now and its absolotuely slated by the test drivers as poor handling. testers have also complained though that the micra has overly light steering for precision when going fast into corners. would you agree?

its because the k12 has more on it to go wrong...i havent had a problem with mine yet.but all cars have problems so i expect to have some soon
the interiour my ratle abit yeah and the windows but nissan will sort most of them out if you take it back,and tbh the inside of the k12 looks the dogs

i would only remov the air-con if wanted to build a track car..thats still one of the routes i could take next year but we will see

nizzanz1 said:
testers have also complained though that the micra has overly light steering for precision when going fast into corners. would you agree?

the micra got really good reviews :)

and it steers good enough for me

when you normally fit wider stickier tyres the steering weights up. but i'm wondering with power steering would the device just add more power to it to make the steering just as light. and in doing so draining more power from the engine aswell. anyone fitted bigger wheels?

nizzanz1 said:
when you normally fit wider stickier tyres the steering weights up. but i'm wondering with power steering would the device just add more power to it to make the steering just as light. and in doing so draining more power from the engine aswell. anyone fitted bigger wheels?

why dont you buy race spec car instead of a new one? they are like tin cans with no mod cons and look like i made them

i'd go nissan anyway because i have more respect of them :)

suzuki should stick to motorbikes.... or nissan should start making bikes :D

as for this whole thing about which K is better, i think they are equal..

the k12 is a nice car, its looks have grown on me and they drive well, but they aren't as easy to mod eg changing the HU takes forever!! and i don't like the thin plastic body pannels and lack of crumple space behind the bumpers also the driving possition in the k12 feels too high... but it is a new car and comes will all the advantages of a new car.

the K11 has good looks too and is soooo easy to mod and work on, but it is old and most of them suffer from rust... k11s are slightly bigger and have less protection in a crash but they are very compatible with other nissans eg the GA16 gearbox is a straight bolt on :D

and nobodys mentioned the k10 ;)

K12's gearbox is french is it not? I know that the auto box is and that is pretty nasty.
Puddles form in the spare wheel of K12 and they only flood because people don't give them a chance to warm up :p

Craig said:
Puddles form in the spare wheel of K12 and they only flood because people don't give them a chance to warm up :p

no they dont.it was a fault on the early ones that nissan have now fixed.it was the boot seal connection in the middle.mines dry as a bone.

Craig said:
So they did then

some still do untill they take them back uner warranty they will do...but like i said the problems solved now. most of the problems have been ironed out,like rattly windows and knocking subframes :)

they should really try and make a TB for the k11 that lasts

It's just due to the basic design that it breaks, talking about rattly windows, my mum's one does that, but she refuses to take it to Nissan, even though I have told her it is under warranty, what is it with women?

its because they dont believe you. they think you are wrong and there will be problems. i tell my mum how she could half the cost of her rip off services by getting the parts before hand, but she expertly ignores me. she just had an oil change, £17 oil £6 oil filter 50p sump washer. £12 engine flush. then + the labour cost to actually do it...
they check the washer fluid £xx to 100ml of wash. inspect brakes £3 for a squirt of brake cleaner spray. + labour..

LoL well at the end of the day theres always going to be opinions VS opinions. Theres a few k12 boys here and many k11 & k10 boys.... majority of us dnt like the k12's because of how french it has become. But some like that and it appeals to you fair enough.

K12 is good because its a new car and is safe and uses new technology etc. K11 was good in its time as well as was the K10. Personally the Mk1 K11 is my favourite anyway, followed by the mk1 K10 square design.

Type-R said:
LoL well at the end of the day theres always going to be opinions VS opinions. Theres a few k12 boys here and many k11 & k10 boys.... majority of us dnt like the k12's because of how french it has become. But some like that and it appeals to you fair enough.

K12 is good because its a new car and is safe and uses new technology etc. K11 was good in its time as well as was the K10. Personally the Mk1 K11 is my favourite anyway, followed by the mk1 K10 square design.

most of the k12 owners have gone from k11 to k12 :p

I love my k11, but its the only micra ever delivered to us. There's a few grey import BE-1's, K10 March and Superturbos but they're so old and crusty.

Back bacnk on topic, the look on most swift owner's faces when an older 1.3L Micra nails them off at the lights is just golden. :)

I've driven the swift in basic 5dr manual 1.5Lvvt form and while is was nice to be in it really was quite a boring drive. The k11 feels more connected to the road and remains comfortable but raw. The swift was just comfortable. Although, the brakes and steering response shat all over my micra's. haha and i've got the bosch abs with rear discs & slotted front rotors...

And despite the looks, if i had the option I'd probably take the K12 over the swift. The suzuki is nice, but its just too boring and really doesnt appeal to me much at all.

nismo_k12 said:
i must admit i went from a k11 to a p16 almera now im back on a k12 and the best out of the lot is the k12.

N16 i think you mean. They're not a bad car, but pretty boring to drive if i do say so myself.

ive had a p12 as well was good but not that good....getting confuzzled lol had a 1.8 almera and a 2.2dci almera both where rubbish and boring.

the p12 i had was an early version with the 2ltr..not sure what the engine code was. Nissan only offer the 1.8 now though which is a shame. The 2ltr was a nice high rev'in engine just didnt have the power to match the weight of the car.

Are these Suzuki's only available in 5 door though?? Just had a look at some more pics and they are all 5-door, which is a bit of a put off looks wise.

its a 3 door only the sport. pics are mostly of 5 door as the jap sport is 5 door. you will see the uk version as pictured above in rally form in the 3 door.

Yom said:
SR20VE's 200 horsies puts shame to those things. Infact, so do SR16VE N1's. :D

They dont put them to shame at all...

When was the last time you saw a 'VE? in real life? they are super rare... VERY good but RARE... like the Super Turbos...

If I had a 'VE in my garage to fit in my micra, I wouldn't fit it...

I would sell it for a small fortune to some sucker and fit the SR20DE.

More part available for pennies,
More performance parts available,
No probs finding a replacment part if you blow it up.

Here's my opinions, for what it's worth.

Everything is relative. You can't really say that one car is better than the other, it depends on what the user wants to get out of the car.
Personally i think top speed isn't an issue, torque and how the engine delivers this, is the main thing that i would be looking at from the performance side of things.
As far as interior gadgets, air con is just an added bonus to me, not a big buying point. The 6 cd changer is handy, but again, not a deal breaker.
When it comes to looks, i think the 160SRE wins hands down. It's subtle, not boy racer'ish but can still deliver a good performance.

Like i say, everyone is different. These are the points i like about the 160SR (which is why i'm getting one). I got an ex-demo with 2900 miles, with my part-ex, leaving £6000 to pay.
For that money, leaves no descisions to be made.

Simon

kristian said:
They dont put them to shame at all...

When was the last time you saw a 'VE? in real life? they are super rare... VERY good but RARE... like the Super Turbos...

If I had a 'VE in my garage to fit in my micra, I wouldn't fit it...

I would sell it for a small fortune to some sucker and fit the SR20DE.

More part available for pennies,
More performance parts available,
No probs finding a replacment part if you blow it up.

There's a fair few of them popping up over here. Never seen an SR16VE N1 in real life though... I gotta say, the VE's sound absolutely farking increddible when they get up in the rev range. Insane noise. Oh and as for March Super Turbos, there's around 5 living within a 100km radius of my place. :D Parts arent a major problem - most of the parts are interchangeable with DE bits and pieces (except the head of course) and we don't have a problem with having custom parts made up here. Lots of shops willing to do weird and wonderful stuff.

pics of what the swift sport has.
recaros.

pho_01-7.jpg

forged pistons

pho_01-3.jpg

the engine has vvt and features piston cooling jets.

front and rear ventilated disc brakes and monroe shocks

pho_02-5.jpg

pho_02-2.jpg

electronic throttle control

pho_01-2.jpg

mine has all that and better :p aprt from the rear discs that is

and yeah i did put them on after but with the money i saved for not buying a suzuka :eek:

the nissan moco i thinks its called is shared between them and suzuki. it has a tiny suzuki engine aswell.

Back