suzuki stays ahead of nissan again

N

nizzanz1

since nissan released the 160sr micra suzuki no longer had a swift to beat it. but now again they do, the swift sport is now launched..and its quicker than the 160sr and costs the same. does the 160sr have alround discs?
from 4car..
"Available only as a three-door, it has a 1.6-litre petrol engine producing 125bhp and 109lb/ft of torque. This gives the Swift Sport a 0-60mph time of 9seconds and a 124mph top speed.

The Sport is marked out from regular Swifts with beefier front and rear bumper, 16" multi-spoke alloy wheels, front fog lights and twin exhausts. Mechanical changes are limited to 20% stiffer suspension and all-round disc brakes. Electronic stability control"

i would have to say i would rather own the swift than the micra, for the same money.

i think it will be a close match the 160sr has a little bit more torque :) and i would be suprised if it handles just as good.
the 160sr dont have rear discs no

and like for like what does it have inside? esp? air con as std? 6 disc cd?

imo the micra is the better option

oh yeah and the micra will have cheaper insurance

its a sport model so hopefully it wont have air con/cd and crap. it does have electronic stabilty control though as quoted above.
it has 2 lb-ft less torque but 22 more bhp. half a second quicker to 60. and from there its bhp would leave the 160sr in the distance.

not really...i have had my standard 160sr 0-60 t0 8.5 secs with videoo to prove.but we dont know what the swift does it in untill somonedoes it because they dont get the figures right

heres a pic of it .
swift_sport.jpg

in that case the swift would do it in 8.0 seconds if you were to video it. i think they do get the figures right. you would have to use gps timing gear or road side placed beam cut readers to get a proper time.
dont make me have to buy one to prove it to you lol. if it doesnt have aircon i could be interested.

the swift has has 4 lbs less torque and only 17bhp more :S do we know the weight?

my 160sr is hitting 60 in about 8.5 to (not using this in arguments sake as its not properly timed.)

if the 160 was more sporty designed without the a/c 6 cd etc it would a lot less and still eat this car for dinnner lol

however obviously seen as how i own this car i'm gonna be a bit bias, but i was considering the swift over the 160. was thinking of waiting but the micra is a better deal imo.

:)

i have just read a review of its development test drive in japan. and the guy drove 1st version and the back end whips out really easy. he said nothing wrong with that but cant feel it going. then he drove another and it was bang on where it should be but it was the esp keeping him there and intrusive.
frankly i'm not interested in it any more. i was put off by the colt czt becasue it had all the traction toys. these are not right to have in a "fun" car.
i need steering feel. and complete control of the chassis and wheels.

well obviously this is a contest that needs to be met on the road for real. you cant say "if " the 160sr didnt have aircon etc. becasue it does. may aswell say if the swift sport was tuned a bit more to give more torque than the 160sr. thats what the journo said the micra has more feel. but is underpowered, in otherwords tame. can you turn everything off in the 160sr?

nizzanz1 said:
well obviouslt this is a contest that needs to be met on the road for real. you cant say "if " the 160sr didnt have aircon etc. becasue it does. may aswell say if the swift sport was tuned a bit more to give more torque than the 160sr. thats what the journo said the micra has more feel. but is underpowered, in otherwords tame.

you need to drive one mate..book a test drive

its not on my list though as i'm never going to get a car with air con. its a shame as it seems it has a good chassis. (if your talking about the 160sr). as for the swift sport i dont know if it has it or not yet. but sounds like there might not be much feel. but test drives are the thing to do.

true with "if" but the cars are different:

160sr = warm hatch, very fun to drive, all mod cons.

swift = trying to be a hot hatch, bit warmer than the 160 prob very fun to drive, no mod cons.

they weren't ment to compete against each other imo. as one is a sporty model (swift) and the other is a sportyish model with gimozs(160)

so it weighs a bit more than the micra. this will be a close match between them.

is this the GTi model now or is that still planed?

Dr Zoidberg said:
i was like that till i drove 160. then accepted it lol the only thing that i didn't want on the car was a/c

i was the same..k11 through and through untill i test drove the 160sr it sold itself to me. the air con doesnt bother me too much anymore.if i wanted a tin can i would buy another k11 :)

ive just made a member of the fiesta st OC as my unce just bought one and we needed some info..i posted some pics of my car and they said its the best micra they have ever seen and it looks better than the st....haha i was well chuffed

i think the sport is the gti.

i dont think its will be a close match though. as the 17bhp is quite a bit more power.

nizzanz1 said:
i think the sport is the gti.

i dont think its will be a close match though. as the 17bhp is quite a bit more power.

its not...a 1.4 sport corsa has "alot more" bhp than a k11 and both standard they are the same

i have beat alot of cars witth higher bhp than me...its how its put onto the road

on the 160sr you have:
ABS with Brake Assist
Electronic brake force distribution
Electronic Stability Programme

whats EBD do that abs doesnt.
esp work by braking inside or outside wheel to stop overasteer or understeeer doesnt it. can you turn all these things off in the 160sr with a button?

nizzanz1 said:
on the 160sr you have:
ABS with Brake Assist
Electronic brake force distribution
Electronic Stability Programme

whats EBD do that abs doesnt.
esp work by braking inside or outside wheel to stop overasteer or understeeer doesnt it. can you turn all these things off in the 160sr with a button?

yes...or i wouldnt have spent 1k on coilovers :D and trust me ther is NO body roll at all and i think i now need shares in toyo

EBD aplies a little bit of brake to the inside wheels when booting round tight corner (or roundabouts), makes it turn much better I found.
That Swift is lovely, is it acvtually goingto look like that?

Craig said:
EBD aplies a little bit of brake to the inside wheels when booting round tight corner (or roundabouts), makes it turn much better I found.

no it wont look like the one in the pic.i have seen the realistic one in what car back in sept its nothing special tbh

i thought it was only 3dr nizzanz?

yeh i changed my mind now..cos if you have to wear a #### pot helmet to drive one it must be fast...

JDM version comes in 5dr rather than a 3dr.....like the 12sr....who knows why lol.

Yeah its either very fast or it's likely to roll!

Craig said:

if thats what ebd does then what does esp do?

the swift sport will be only 3 door, so there is yet to be pics of it maybe. is meant to come with recaro seats also.

Aha, slight confusion on my part, didn't see that there was ESP as well as EBD:

"The electronic stability program (ESP) is a further enhancement to the anti-lock braking system (ABS) and traction control system (TCS). The ESP is designed to detect a difference between the driver's control inputs and the actual response of the vehicle. When differences are detected, the system intervenes by providing braking forces to the appropriate wheels to correct the path of the vehicle. This automatic reaction is engineered for improved vehicle stability, particularly during severe cornering and on low-friction road surfaces, by helping to reduce over-steering and under-steering."

EBD is just fancy ABS:

" Electronic brake-force distribution (EBD) and the anti-lock braking system (ABS), constitute one unit inasmuch as they share a number of the same parts. EBD ensures maximum braking performance at the front and rear wheels and under normal conditions it prevents the rear-end from braking away because of over-braking. The system counteracts “fading” as a result of overheating."

this is what it looks like in 3 door. it competes very well in the super 1600 series. unlike the k12 there is plenty of parts in uk/europe for uprating to competiton spec/performance.
SuzukiSwift_front.jpg

nizzanz1 said:
it competes very well in the super 1600 series. unlike the k12 there is plenty of parts in uk/europe for uprating to competiton spec/performance.

loads of cars do....but it doesnt make it a good thing,ide rather have a one off car with very are parts on than have a common one that looks the same as the next one..even if it is a little bit quicker

i know there wont be many k12's with carbon seats and coilovers around the u.k and that makes a real head turner when drive down the street

Does it really matter which is quicker? You get what you get because you like it. Is there anything else to it?

I don't care if K12's are quicker than my K11, I've got my K11 because I like it.

nizzanz1 said:
unlike the k12 there is plenty of parts in uk/europe for uprating to competiton spec/performance.

which is why as your title put it suzuki will beat nissan again, look at the older gti and the super s....

standard v standard i still think its a close call. both good cars imo

i think its a good thing to have the motorsport attachment. the good days of k11 were when it was in the challenge series. lots of rally k11 everywhere. its come back again now with f1000 but not in performance terms. keeps the availabilty of off the shelf rollcages going though. you may even get tailor made k11 seat frames again.
anyway what i was originally comparing it to,was in terms of similar money, an d in performance which is what i'm mainly interested in, the swift sport is the better buy than the 160sr. which is a shame but thats the way it is in my mind. but there could well be more fun to be hand in making the k12 tuned up and out performing it. i would be all for that. and for air con removal...
on a budget though would be cheaper to get a swift to start with and tune that. my next i'm wanting close to 200bhp. and not spending much else on it.

the swift not only looks better its got a jap engine which will handle tuning better than the renault one in the 160sr.

renaults are crap even if they try to cover it up with a nissan badge. And the 160 doesnt look as mean as the swift.

fair enough my mistake.....

but still but togheter by the french with a pritt stick. Panels made from plastic, frog eyed look.... sorry just dnt appeal to me..... How comes they didnt do that to thier clio's hey? they proper ####ed the micra up..

Type-R said:
fair enough my mistake.....

but still but togheter by the french with a pritt stick. Panels made from plastic, frog eyed look.... sorry just dnt appeal to me..... How comes they didnt do that to thier clio's hey? they proper ####ed the micra up..

its a real improvement on the k11 in every way..

outside of japan it doesn't have a big character compared to the k11, yet. :p

the 160sr is jap, suspension tuned by the guys who do the 350z's, engine, box etc is jap. flimsy rattly interior = french + mirrors indicators panels etc. diving parts are jap, why i bought one.

i would say its a great improvement over the k11 in every way except the looks and build quality of the plastics..

Back