suspension

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"Alot of people on here use the Ksport i think and i have heard nothing bad about them And at that price they are almost cheaper then BC or G4's which are no where near as good of quality.

I love how you're effectively bagging out your own choice in suspension after you defended it for so long. K-Sport coilovers are nothing special - they're still cheap taiwanese coilovers and I HAVE used them in my own car for over 6 months a couple of years back and can honestly say that they shouldn't be described with the word 'quality' unless you're point out a lack thereof. Sure, they're probably better than the G4's you've got, but that's not saying much.

Also, the picture isn't of a set for a K11 - the rears aren't a coil-over-shock unit like you see there, the fronts have different tops to those shown, but the fronts otherwise look similar to the actual units.

---dens

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Oh My bloody god Dens Now your just being a padantic wanker to be honest. I said for the price you wont get better. Show me better Coilovers in New condition for that price. I never said they are the best. I am not bagging out the G4's All i am saying is these landed is a similiar price to the G4's. But these would be better quality. Now if you also take the time out of your busy day and read the bloody add it clearly states that this picture is not of the item but a display picture instead. FFS mate seriously do you not have anything better to do then to troll my posts about suspension. Some might not be as well of in the wallet as you to afford what you call a superior choice in Suspension...

But to all out there now. Do what dens says and dont buy anything unless its top of the range cos its all crap and worst then stock suspension. Though you will need to pay in excess of 3000 for coilovers landed.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Here you go guys. Quality stuff now. Just cos i am sick of this ****.

CUSCO COILOVERS.
Costs Estimate
Item Cost: 99,960Â¥
Japanese Domestic Freight: 5,000Â¥
Import Monster Commission: 19,992Â¥
EMS Freight: 40,000Â¥
Total Japan Costs: 164,952Â¥
Exchange Rate: $1AUD buys: 77.1Â¥
Australian Domestic Freight: N/A
Sub Total: $2,139.46
GST: $213.95
Total: $2,353.41

OR MONROE SHOCKS

Item Cost: 34,398Â¥
Import Monster Commission: 6,879Â¥
Total Japan Costs: 86,277Â¥
Sub Total: $1,119.03
GST: $111.90
Total: $1,230.93

PLUS YOUR RSR SPRINGS FOR WITH THE SHOCKS.

Item Cost: 20,962Â¥
Import Monster Commission: 4,192Â¥
Total Japan Costs: 70,154Â¥
Sub Total: $909.91
GST: $90.99
Total: $1,000.90

OR YOU CAN GET THE KYB SHOCKS WITH THE SPRINGS.

Item Cost: 38,700Â¥
Import Monster Commission: 7,740Â¥
Total Japan Costs: 91,440Â¥
Sub Total: $1,185.99
GST: $118.60
Total: $1,304.59

YOU CAN GET NON ADJUSTABLE NISMO S TUNE SECOND HAND FOR

Item Cost: 38,000Â¥
Import Monster Commission: 7,600Â¥
Total Japan Costs: 90,600Â¥
Sub Total: $1,175.10
GST: $117.51
Total: $1,292.61

K-BREAK not sure what they are but you can have them for

Item Cost: 239,100Â¥
Import Monster Commission: 25,000Â¥
Total Japan Costs: 309,100Â¥
Sub Total: $4,009.08
GST: $400.91
Total: $4,409.99

Hope that helps mate. If you cant afford any of that dont settle for cheap ones like the G4's i brought as they are **** and handle crap. I only outran a VE R8 Clubby at Hidden Valley Raceway with a near stock micra with G4's in it. If i had the more expensive ones i would have been faster then the Porsche GT3rs that was on the track.

If you are really cheap and cant afford anything just buy the whiteline sway bars and some king springs. I hear they are meant to be great.

CMF_Jas

» CMF Member
I will put my vote in for BC Racing coilovers through www.justjap.com.au

I am VERY impressed with them, excellent quality, fully rebuildable and a great price deliverered for $1100.

A superb ride, quite compliant and yet still very stiff. THey also go very low.

Attachments

• 58495.jpg
    58495.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 11

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
not sayings its the best mate, But tell me something better with a one year warranty and fully rebuildable, plus you can choose your spring rates for 1100 delivered.

There is alot better on the market but you guys think you know all when it comes to suspension. Any coilovers are going to be better then stock stuff that is 10-15 years old.

For people on a budget Just Jap stuff is ok until better can be afforded.

This would have to be one of the worst forums for motoring enthusiasts putting others down due to their financial position. Makes me want to sell up and get away from the micra scene.

CMF_Jas

» CMF Member
I agree sikK11. It also depends on what your intent is. Mine is a fun daily driver/commuter. I don't expect it to out handle a GTR on the track, nor do I expect to push it to the limits very often at all. Having said that, I have heard from reputable sources that BC Racinig products are indeed very well made and hold their own against the likes of Tein etc.

Everyone should make their own decision, but for the money, BC can't be beat! I think that the reason most people drive a Micra in the first place is their cheap price and affordable fun. Don't overcapitalise and just enjoy the mighty little car! My 2c.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"Here you go guys. Quality stuff now. Just cos i am sick of this ****.<BR><BR><BR>CUSCO COILOVERS.<BR>Costs Estimate<BR>Item Cost: 99,960Â¥<BR>Japanese Domestic Freight: 5,000Â¥<BR>Import Monster Commission: 19,992Â¥<BR>EMS Freight: 40,000Â¥<BR>Total Japan Costs: 164,952Â¥<BR>Exchange Rate: $1AUD buys: 77.1Â¥<BR>Australian Domestic Freight: N/A<BR>Sub Total: $2,139.46<BR>GST: $213.95<BR>Total: $2,353.41<BR><BR>OR MONROE SHOCKS<BR><BR>Item Cost: 34,398Â¥<BR>Japanese Domestic Freight: 5,000Â¥<BR>Import Monster Commission: 6,879Â¥<BR>EMS Freight: 40,000Â¥<BR>Total Japan Costs: 86,277Â¥<BR>Exchange Rate: $1AUD buys: 77.1Â¥<BR>Australian Domestic Freight: N/A<BR>Sub Total: $1,119.03<BR>GST: $111.90<BR>Total: $1,230.93<BR><BR>PLUS YOUR RSR SPRINGS FOR WITH THE SHOCKS.<BR><BR>Item Cost: 20,962Â¥<BR>Japanese Domestic Freight: 5,000Â¥<BR>Import Monster Commission: 4,192Â¥<BR>EMS Freight: 40,000Â¥<BR>Total Japan Costs: 70,154Â¥<BR>Exchange Rate: $1AUD buys: 77.1Â¥<BR>Australian Domestic Freight: N/A<BR>Sub Total: $909.91<BR>GST: $90.99<BR>Total: $1,000.90<BR><BR>OR YOU CAN GET THE KYB SHOCKS WITH THE SPRINGS.<BR><BR>Item Cost: 38,700

CMF_muzza

» CMF Member
Thanks guys for the help I like the car to sit low I don't plan on going on the track but want the car to handle well that's all I want the car ready with the suspension side of things before the big conversion

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Would be better then stock thats for sure. But i would go Lovells before i went Kings. I had kings in ours and they went soft after a year. Though in saying that new KYB and a full set of Lovells would be near what the BC's cost and they are not height adjustable etc.

CMF_adz14

» CMF Member
If you just want shocks springs/a little lowering, then I have a full set of weitec suspension for sale, in very good condition. I am negotiable on price, so feel free to throw me an offer. My for sale thread is in the classifieds section.

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"Would be better then stock thats for sure. But i would go Lovells before i went Kings. I had kings in ours and they went soft after a year. Though in saying that new KYB and a full set of Lovells would be near what the BC's cost and they are not height adjustable etc.

In actual fact what your saying is incorrect about the price of kyb gas shocks and a full set of either kings or lovell springs being near the cost of BC's.
I recall paying $600 all up for a kyb/king setup - brand new!
Pays to shop around.

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:

"just went to lovells website and seems to be very low for me....does it come only as DFL-54 and DRl-55

They are only available in the "Sport Low" which is the above product codes. You'll find it will lower about 25-40mm "Designed for enhanced
vehicle handling and control"

Lovells description for "super low" 40-60mm "Limited Suspension travel, designed for cosmetic enhancement" - says it all really haha

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"There is a post on here where frank2 is using daewoo matiz front struts with Honda civic rear springs, and has modified the rear shocks to make it low and used cut springs he thinks it rides like a set of coilover

damn right it does :)
(they both do in fact)

Attachments

• 58608.jpg
    58608.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 23

CMF_masterdarko

» CMF Member
Jas WROTE:

"My ride with BC's

http://micra.com.au/images/community/forums/58496.jpg

Ah this is funny. See the white Micra in the reflection in Jas' post above? Well, that is my car now. :)

It has set of Kings springs on it, I believe. Sits low and handles well but then again, I have RAV4 to compare the handling to.

I bought the car as a cheap run around but now everyday I have a new project for it...

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Last time i brought Kings they were about 320 for the set plus 40 bucks freight. The shocks to suit cant think of the brand now was years ago was around the 550 mark. All up was near the 900. BC are around the 1100 delivered. Plus they are height adjustable. Hence i said its worth the extra money.

I dont care what anyone buys really i dont. Mine handles well for what i got and thats fine by me.

All the best with your choices guys.

Back