Sunroof Moss!

Hey guys, going to re-visit a wee celebration 1 litre tomorrow, the cars fine apart from moss on the sunroff lining(seals) will this be a cheap and easy job to fix? or will it be pricey and i dont have alot of money at all! thanks alot chris

also im not to sure if the seal is perfect will it be hard replace if so? i need replies as im going to see her tomorrow any help would be excellent guys! :(Y):p

The moss should just clean off, as for any leaks check to see if there is any staining or dampness on the headlining or other trim, if the seller will let you chuck a bucket of water over it :laugh:, i should think the sunroof seals will be hard to get hold of now.

the green moss on the spongy seal around the sunroof glass should normally just scrape/scrub off

if its beyond surface moss & u don't mind the appearance just leave it cos they only seal against dirt/dust and let water soak through anyway.

if you wanna fix the seal, best and easiest way is to simply replace with another good condition sunroof glass section from another micra in scrappy.
they're real easy to remove, just need a torx key to unscrew the glass from the mechanism and pop off.
see me blog post #222 for details

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/35251-PollyMobiles-Rebuild/page5

the moss generates extra oxygen which makes your car go faster

yep stay green,save the wild life. i got plenty spiders living in around my k11 and would never think to evict em,thats a idea let the spiders harvest the moss! :grinning: or move to manchester

Back