sound system finished.

ahahaha,

but you dont need a steady 14 volts....lol you just wasted your time....

its the quick drain on the audio system that kills a battery, as a battery is designed to use no more than 20% of its total power to start a car, not run audio.... if you have a power cap that can temporarily decrease the instant load on any system it can help to save the battery. this is done by sharing the load between the battery and the cap... thus giving the battery more time to re-charge.....as....of course....your not using ALL of the caps voltage or current but are simply adding it to the system in parralel in order to increase the capacity, momentarily, of the whole system,.....

or indeed.....you could just add another battery..... but that would be even more expensive and even heavier....

to conclude... why would massive companies with huge audio installs hide powercaps in thir show cars if they didnt work?........... andno its not marketing cos they dont have them on show....?

i rest my case

How can you complain about weight with a sound system in?

And sorry, but when you drain a capacitor you also have to re-charge it, which is an ADDITIONAL load on the battery.

antony_aiken said:
ahahaha,

but you dont need a steady 14 volts....lol you just wasted your time....

its the quick drain on the audio system that kills a battery, as a battery is designed to use no more than 20% of its total power to start a car, not run audio.... if you have a power cap that can temporarily decrease the instant load on any system it can help to save the battery. this is done by sharing the load between the battery and the cap... thus giving the battery more time to re-charge.....as....of course....your not using ALL of the caps voltage or current but are simply adding it to the system in parralel in order to increase the capacity, momentarily, of the whole system,.....

or indeed.....you could just add another battery..... but that would be even more expensive and even heavier....

to conclude... why would massive companies with huge audio installs hide powercaps in thir show cars if they didnt work?........... andno its not marketing cos they dont have them on show....?

i rest my case

That was posted by the 2nd loudest competitor in the dB Drag competition, i.e. in the world......

Why do you think they never use capacitors and just have loads of batts?!

Batteries like Yellow Top's are designed for heavy use, they are perfectly fine for audio. Instead of wasting £50-£100 on a capacitor, put it to good use by buying a second battery!

Ask ANY of the true competitors from the world scene/UK (via talkaudio and the dB Drag forums) and you'll be immediately shot down.

And yes, you do need a steady voltage, thats the whole idea, keeping the voltage high and drawing the minimum number of amps. Amps = voltage drop, voltage drop = wasted power, = more current draw = bad news!

Nuff said.

lol i think we should settle this with a sack race..... GO!

After reading this thread, i would have to say Ret. has it lol tbh i wouldnt trust anyone in halfrauds. My mate asked to have a set of speakers, so the guy went to get them from the warehouse. Came back 20mins later with the wrong size, wrong make, completely wrong speakers lol most staff there dont have a clue :)

agreed, most of the people in halfords are muppets who dont have a clue about anything...

but dont tar us all with the same brush......

after asking many "show" people about audio installs, and listening to mine........ i may not agree with you about power caps simply because they seem to work perfectly on my install.......
so lets agree to disagree shall we?

and a sack race it it............. only i get sacked first... haha

Back