Someone smashed my bumper

I was on my way home last night and some stupid woman left a car-shaped hole in the back of my bumper.

So, the thing needs replacing and I'm worried that it it costs more than the car did to replace (£300) the insurers will refuse to pay up. Any ideas?

newty

someone on here will sell you a bumper
btw my car was backed into while parked at work yesterday so i know how you feel !
(300 pound repair, but her company will send me a cheque, 100 pound ish )

I don't want to do it myself, I'll get her insurance to pay for a new one. I was just wondering if anyone knew how much it was going to cost for the parts and labour. I't just your standard black plastic one.

I'd get a bumper form a scrap yard, maybe £20?
And fit it yourself, it's just a few bolts/screws..

Saves your NCB ;)

newty

is there any panel or paint damage ?
i,ve just got 2 estimates of my damage and i have to post them to the girls company

With genuine new Nissan parts and the cost of labour @ upwards of £35 per hour it will cost a lot, thats why most of the members here do their own work. Chances are if you go through insurance it would be uneconomical to repair if it's an older car.

newty

is there any panel or paint damage ?
i,ve just got 2 estimates of my damage and i have to post them to the girls company

no, it's just the bumper that's dented. If it turns out the insurers won't do it, I'll have to insist she pay for just the part and I'll fit it.

Back