so it begins page 2..... so it continues.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
right. shes all ready. fuel pump injectors and nistune fitted.

my secret weapon i havent mentioned in this (i dont think) has also been setup.

tune on friday. lets hope the engine holds on.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
I think so. Have a lot more in it. But the hg is a little old. So need to research.

Thing is a bitch to drive.

But freaking brutal when it's got traction!

Lots of work todo to make it drive able now.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
Think factory wheel is 50hp. Around about.... 55 or something. With out the turbo hooked up my homemade system made 81 kW at the wheels natro.

No the turbo would have been a restriction too lol.

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
well done dude..but i'm having a hard time believing that 169kw figure - unless u have some awesome gear installed that u've not alluded to or mentioned here, i can't see the mods supporting that power output..

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
If you have reached that power level using second hand parts and only what's listed on here and fbook; I'm bloody impressed and have clearly gone the wrong way spending 20k+ for the same power expectations.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
Ahhh the old dyno dynamics convo.

Ethanol is a great and wonderful beast is all I will say.

Once I change the studs and gasket, and get the time to rebuild my spare turbo ill get it on a hub dyno.

But yea it is what it is. Belive me I've built cars 5 times more powerful than this and it's just mental. I need some traction.

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
whatever helps u sleep @ night champ... e85 may be a "great & wonderful beast", but my car was tuned with C16, so explain to me how your dyno figure is greater than the blue monster, jcmicra's car and my ****box - compare these cars & their levels of modification to yours and maintain with a straight face that ur car's power output surpasses these.. that video looks more like advertising than an actual dyno run... my car would go 500bhp on that dyno i suspect!?!
plattsy WROTE:
But yea it is what it is. Belive me I've built cars 5 times more powerful than this and it's just mental. I need some traction.
+ lmfao @ ur supposed 845kw builds

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
A simple calculation based on the 370cc/min injectors specified, together with the use of E85, show those figures are significantly inflated for WHP numbers.

However, regardless of numbers, if you're happy then that's cool :)

CMF_Scotty's Customs

» CMF Member
No nos required, I made all the parts myself and can attest to it's flow. It's only on 10psi, plenty more in this build...

Get that MLS gasket and ARP's mate, you can show these guys what e85 can really do. Should have an easy 200kw in it with the steel wheels, no matter the dyno.

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
If the power figures are true its greatbut whats the point in all the power if you cant even get it to the ground? 200kw youll be torque steering into the next lane on launch

CMF_Scotty's Customs

» CMF Member
Sounds like someone's a bit jelly. Bring it down, I will sort you out with some decent parts. :p

Seriously, I think you doubt the benefits of e85. There is a reason most turbo race cars are switching from C16. I have been pushing standard pump e85 for 5 years now, funny how few believed me then, but oh how things have changed. Get with the times or get left behind.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
I'm running proper granny spec tyres at the mo kyle. Realllllllly old ****. Soon as I find a decent 205 55ish 14 ill get a set and it'll make and he'll of a difference they have no grip what so ever. And the grids on the back are 12 years old. Hahaha. I'll get grip soon.

Back