Reversing Light

Hi all. Having a little bit of trouble with my reversing light. It is intermittent. If I wiggle the gearstick, it'll flash on and off, so I know it's not a bulb problem.
It's been a problem for a while, but not really worried about it until last night when a road was blocked and had to reverse... the car behind had no clue so I had to put hazards on instead!
I know it's not an MOT fail, but obviously is a safety concern.

My k10 had an issue with the reversing light not coming on when reverse gear was engaged, it's to do with the relay/switch whatever coming loose or something, from the linkage...thing.
Gosh I'm helpful *facepalm*
When I put her in reverse I had a switch on the dashboard to turn the light on ^_^

I'm not actually sure, i think its a switch at the gearbox?
the previous owner had sorted it on mine (1990 LS) my dad just changed the actual switch on the dash from, i kid you not, a wall light switch to the kind you'd see in the cockpit of a plane :p

This is quite common for the K10 reverse lights to stop working, due to the switch inside the gearbox. Mine stopped working so just lived without it

Mine broke on my k10 years back and when I took ownership of the k10 over a year ago I didnt car. I dont even have any reverse lights with my march rear clusters. I have not once needed them. If I am reversing in the dark and need to see more I just turn my fog lights on.

Back