removing indicators etc..

Hi all,
I currently have my k11 in 5 bits its coming along well.. i have smoothed everything and have removed the side indicators.. an after thought, when i connect everything back up and indicate is it gonna go haywire?? I also want to know if anyone has taken the window washer inlets out of the bonnet and stuck them underneath (if that makes sense) i wanna know best practices

As long as you cover the whole it will not fail an mot. If there isnt a side indicator they cannot test it meaning it cannot fail. Checked with a mechanic before doing it ☺

You may also find depending on the age of the K11 that removing the side repeaters could make the indicators flash faster.
Depends if the K11 uses a flasher switch box or is electronic ?

I just wouldn't do it as like micra 1.3 said I reckon it will think there's a bulb blown and flash like mad plus side repeaters are put there for other road users safety and guidance :) x

The side repeaters won't make it flash any faster. Bulbs went in mine and it made no difference so I never knew they'd failed till someone pointed it out.

If it doesn't flash any faster with blown side repeaters that means its using an electronic flasher unit, pre facelift K11s use the conventional flasher relay cylinder and they are effected by bulb loss, its also a warning to the driver a bulb has blown.
I still wouldn't remove the side repeaters unless I was going to do as suggested retro fit some into the mirrors etc, sometimes safety comes first over looks.

So I did it. If you take off the plastic wheel arch cover theres a connector pop it off cover the connector to stop it getting wet. Cable tie it to the hole the connctor was attached to. No issues with faster flickering and the sides look mint

Back