rear window trim

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
My rear window trim has a 1 inch gap in it, how does this come off?

Does it just pull off and a new one gets pushed in?

I picked a 46k K11, 1994 L reg, however there's no rust on sills or on the crossmember, just needs a bit of tidying up.

If it just pulls out easily, without affecting the glass, I'll just get one from the scrappy. (my old one is there still lol)

i think it just pulls off, the rear window is bonded in, so i wouldn't worry about that. but i've heard of people struggling to refit used ones, but not 100% on that.

car sound good. 46k is excellent :)

you got any pics of it mate? my micra has incomplete window sealer thingss (( sorry, im a bit drunked at the moment)

You you mean the rear screen (with the heatedelement) where the trim has come up at the top, of the rear quarter windows?

If it's the rear 1/4's I've got two trims if you're interested?

Craig

That is what I have heard+seen often, some sticky silicone should hold it down nicely, if you replace theny you run the risk of it not sealing properly.
Craig

That is what I have heard+seen often, some sticky silicone should hold it down nicely, if you replace theny you run the risk of it not sealing properly.
Craig

it'll be sealed properly with it off as the rear screens are bonded in aswell as the rubber seal. i think that's just for asthetics.

This is the problem I have with my girlfriends one, I beleive both the front and rear screens are bonded in...

I was planning on removing the trim on both and then using some Black Sikaflex, which is a sealant used on boats for the same thing, I was going to put a bead of it around the windows to fill the void where the trim was so it doesn't become a water trap?

took my rear seal of today as it had shrunk and did not fit the rear window properly anymore.rear window is bonded in so no leaks should happen.looks better without it anyway imo.

When I got my micra the rear windscreen trim was missing a piece and lifting in the corners. I got a complete one from scrap yard, refitting was not problem just heated it in warm water before fitting then used piece of flat wood and rubber mallet a gentle knocked the last bit in.

Back