rear disc/pad help

M

MTB

Hi all, my handbrake was sticking due to the bad wet damp cold weather that we have had recently. Anyway since im selling the car next month i decided to strip the rear brakes for a clean etc. I noticed since stripping the brakes yesterday that my pads dont look as if they are clearing the whole of the discs circumfrence:eek:, the discs should actually be nice and shiny bye now as i have did a good bit of mileage today, the rust on the circumfrence of the discs still seems to be there for some reason, please help regards MTB:p.

Hi all, right i definately need some help here as i am selling the car hopefully in 2 weeks, as ive said ive stripped the brakes down including doing a caliper overhall but still at least 1 of the discs at the rear is only geting cleared about 60%, the other 40% of the disc isnt getting touched bye the pad:[. Ive had all the brakes tested and and they all work fine, ATS wanted to strip them all down to find the problem eg clean them out etc, but ive already did that and dont want them to rip me off anyway, please help all im desperate, thx MTB

Sounds like one of your pads has worn on an angle. Therefore, the whole disk isn't being used by the pad.

I'd check the pads, check to make sure it isn't them...

-Elliot

Back