Really really gutted.

Dropped the car off at the garage this morning.

the cylinder head has cracked! £400 minimum apparently but i only bought the car for £265! :(

a lot less than 400 lol

But i'm afraid you'll have to wait for one of the boy's to answer!

You could probably get a replacement engine with everything attached from some scrappys for cheaper than that! Also, have a butchers on Ebay for engines. Could keep the bits as spare and just swap the heads over, or change the entire lot. Might be quicker and easier!

yep... I remember nex posted once that he picked up a 1.3 in decent nick for under £150 i think.. under 35k miles... might be worth getting a whole new lump unless yours is in good condition and by the sound of the price you picked it up for.. i think its safe to say its seen a lot of miles...

im getting rid of a head at some point.. standard 1.3 head with 1.3 cams and shims etc. replacing it with a ported head with Avanti- cams.. hopefully, when i find someone to map it..GRRR

Matt humphries does gas flowed heads pre fitted with fast road cams with shims for £700

i have bought two 1.3 engines from my local scrappy for £150 but the guy is good to me ;)

check buy and sell i have a k11 going for £300 which has a 1.3 engine in it.

so there are sources ;)

Back