Rattley Window!!!, Useless dealer

Hi,

My Dad took his Micra K12 S into the dealer today to get the rattely window problem fixed. But one of the guys from the service department said that there isn't a fix for the window problem!!

Of what I've seen on this forum, what the guy had just said was rubbish. Anyone here able to back me up on this?

Thanks

Sky

Lol, he had the squeak when he brought it. Sorted it in 2 seconds. Brought WD40 and squrted it between the two parts of the dash (the front facing gray bit, and the black bit. Hape that made sense) :)

this is coming from a nissan mechanic so i know this is right,

the fix is crimping both the window runners in a few places, this has worked with so many k12s so it does work,

tell your dealer to read up on the technical bulletin on rattly windows as it clearly states what to do

hope that helps

Fordy said:
this is coming from a nissan mechanic so i know this is right,

the fix is crimping both the window runners in a few places, this has worked with so many k12s so it does work,

tell your dealer to read up on the technical bulletin on rattly windows as it clearly states what to do

hope that helps

Fordy is right. I can confirm this. In our dealership we were told to use electrical wire 0.75-1mm and run it down between the window rubber and frame. This moves the rubber more to the window and eliminates free play and noise.
If this does not help, then it is more tricky! You have to remove door panel, release screws from window mechanisme and push the hole mecanisme backwards (opposite direction to the mirror). Again the result is removing free play and pushing the window more against the rubber. Of course, if you did the wire thing before, you have to remove the wire before starting to push the mecanisme. Later you can put the wire again in place.

Hope you understand,
Chris

belgian_roadster said:
Fordy is right. I can confirm this. In our dealership we were told to use electrical wire 0.75-1mm and run it down between the window rubber and frame. This moves the rubber more to the window and eliminates free play and noise.

Where exacly?, can you post a pic?

Sky

hey i can tell you u can get your rattling window fixed at the dealers cuz i have done my self. they said there waiting for some new stuff inn so the rattling will be properly fixed, so what they've done is tempo

Skyliner34 said:
Where exacly?, can you post a pic?

Sky

Here you are.
k12.jpg

Remove rubber, run it inside the door, where the rubber was removed. Reinstall rubber.
Do Test!
If noise still there, use bigger wire!

Back