Deactivated Account
Hi there,
Just joined (Y)
Read this forum all the time for my micra so i thought it would be a good idea

I've got a 1990 k10 1.0L
Paid £300 for it 4 years ago
And its done 48k

Anyway not going off topic...

I took the standard air pan off and there's a vac pipe (i think) that was attached to it. Can anyone tell me what is? Does?

Got another car (Toyota Celica) and i know that like the back of my hand but since having that a ditched my micra :( as the tax ran out and the clutch died. So its a re-learning curve for me

Many thanks guys

Andy

It connects to the bi-metal sensor inside the airbox and is designed to open up in very hot conditions to weaken the mixture, suposedly to prevent the engine from over-heating. The engine runs like #### with it open so keep it capped off and sealed, or leave it connected to the airbox.

No worries with hot weather at the min tho :D

Its got a red and black metal switch on top of it so its always closed anyways
Its connected to a Y-pipe that splits off. . . to where dya kno?

It connects to the bi-metal sensor inside the airbox and is designed to open up in very hot conditions to weaken the mixture, suposedly to prevent the engine from over-heating. The engine runs like #### with it open so keep it capped off and sealed, or leave it connected to the airbox.

thats it.. I think it opens above 55°C. Mine is connected and it's ok. If I take it off, the engine idles badly but if you put a screw in, it's ok

No worries with hot weather at the min tho :D

Its got a red and black metal switch on top of it so its always closed anyways
Its connected to a Y-pipe that splits off. . . to where dya kno?

the y pipe has one connection to the idling sensor (don't know if that is the word) and the other to the dizzy

just cap it off, if you leave it open its equivalent to hanving a vac leak so will run like sh*t, cap it off, had my k10 for years with it capped off with no problems

Back