Question about Direct Ignition

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
I don't have HT leads but I have direct ignition... I know that HT leads should be cleaned at approx every 6,000 miles and changed in later life... but... how do I clean this DI system?? I popped out the HT Coil and looked down it... seems dirty... dont want to pump compressed air into it as I fear I might damage it...

Can I upgrade the set? The car is on 19k Miles at the mo. The leads which clip on to the HT coils are also filthy but the contacts are hard to clean. I dont know but wouldnt turpentine or something eat away at the rubber or plastic? Even if I succeeded to clean them?

These Splitfires designed for SR20 DET look tempting:

art_package_nissan.jpg

How much would they set me back?

Its a 1.0 NCVT 52 plate - thank you

Gurpreet said:
I don't have HT leads but I have direct ignition... I know that HT leads should be cleaned at approx every 6,000 miles and changed in later life... but... how do I clean this DI system?? I popped out the HT Coil and looked down it... seems dirty... dont want to pump compressed air into it as I fear I might damage it...

Can I upgrade the set? The car is on 19k Miles at the mo. The leads which clip on to the HT coils are also filthy but the contacts are hard to clean. I dont know but wouldnt turpentine or something eat away at the rubber or plastic? Even if I succeeded to clean them?

These Splitfires designed for SR20 DET look tempting:

art_package_nissan.jpg

How much would they set me back?

Its a 1.0 NCVT 52 plate - thank you

first of all be careful with the coils, they are delicate and expensive :)

secondly they don't really require cleaning because they don't have as many contact points, the only contact point that needs to be cleaned is the one between the coil and the spark plug...

a cotton bud should do that fine :)

You dont need to do anything. Just change the plugs, gap them correctly and thats all the servicing the ignition system on the coil pack cars needs.

If theres either dirt of some other contaniment then you should blow it out with compressed air, you dont want it to fall into your combustion chamber when you remove the plugs!!

Back