Probably a stupid question (amp RCA's)

Robert

Ex. Club Member
If you didn't know, I'm building my install at the minute and have just had a look at how it needs to be wired, I think I've got it mostly worked out, but one little thing..

RCA's from the headunit, does it go to the front or rear input on my amp?
The amp's powering two subs in the boot if that makes any difference.

Can't see anything about it in the manual, and I'm not sure!

i think that depends on what ports you connect the rca`s to on your cd player and also what ports on the amp you are pluging the subs in to but dont quote me on that mind

Ah, so will my headunit have seperate RCA's for rear and front then? Been so long since I've had it out and I don't know much about this side of things!

I assume they'd plug into the rear input then as it's powering speakers in the rear of the car?

its when you sort out your eq mate i think as this is how i done it on mine as i have a rear out and sub out on my head unit so if i had the rca`s pluged into the rear out and turned the bass up then the bass on the rear speakers would also turn up but when i pluged it into the sub out i could turn all the bass off the speakers and just have the sub running the bass and the speakers running the mid and high parts of the music

again dont quote me on that lol im sure some one will be along soon to correct me

the dvd unit mate as it was a pain to get it sorted in my friends car as i couldnt turn the bass off his speakers and when i tried it in my car it would only work the front speakers with one iso i had for it then it would then only work the rear speakers when i tried the other iso was a pain you have a sub out in it but im sure you would have to buy another cable so it goes from a male connector then splits into 2 female connectors so then the rca cables can be connected

im an amature on sound systems so dont quote me on anything mate

Hmm, I'll try the headunit's wiring diagram when i get home and can check the manual..

Kenny, I've done some searching and it seems your right, so I've ordered a Y splitter, should be here by the time I'm ready to wire it up :)

Now, will it connect to the front or rear input on the amp?

Back