passport regulations

S

super_s

we've booked a flight for the 23rd to belfast and have just realised my brothers passport is out of date and you need photographic id and he hasnt got a drivers license either so was wondering if they will accept it as we arnt leaving the uk

can anyone suggest anything?

cheers

You MUST have valid photographic ID. Anything genuine and government related will be accepted as long as its valid. Not student cards or anything like that, a drivers licence, passport, proof of age etc.

I needed this to fly to scotland!

some flights accept a birth certificate. if you are willing to pay extra, you can have your new passport delivered to you the next working day

i usually go to dublin more than once every year and i cant remember the last time we were asked to show our passports. when u get off the boat theres 2 lines, one for EU residents an one for non EU residents. in the EU residents one they jus ask you what nationality you are and let you thru.

buuuut... it mite be different on planes

I only flew back from scotland last week and on both legs of the journey, they wanted photo ID! Without it, i wouldnt have been able to fly

Its not worth the risk not taking any! So much security in airports at the moment. They took a picture of me when i went into the departure lounge, and as i boarded the plane, they scanned my ticket which brought up my picture on the screen from earlier on! impressive stuff. Its best to take a picture to prove you really are who you say you are.

i was in dublin last weekend and needed to show my passport. and take my shoes off so they could be scanned :S

RE: RE: passport regulations

Dusk said:
How long are you going for?
It may be worthwhile hiring a jetski to cross...

dusk, what a silly thing to say, please dont post if you have nothing good to say,as jokes will not be tolerated on msc.... fwn

Back