Number plate position on Open mouth Super S

Which position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Been taking some pictures of NeX's car today with the number plate in different positions and we were wondering what everyone else thinks so we thought we would put up a poll:

GXdifferentNumberplates001.jpg

GXdifferentNumberplates002.jpg

GXdifferentNumberplates005.jpg

GXdifferentNumberplates006.jpg

GXdifferentNumberplates007.jpg

GXdifferentNumberplates008.jpg

GXdifferentNumberplates009.jpg

GXdifferentNumberplates010.jpg

GXdifferentNumberplates011.jpg

GXdifferentNumberplates012.jpg

Unfortunately at the top of the windscreen doesnt look very good in that pic because his number plate is so warped! So I couldnt get a decent pic lol

3 looks the best, but its the most pointless lol, opening the bumper up just to drown it with a number plate...

maybe there is a way to let the air move through the plate? cut out all the black letters?

3 looks the best, but its the most pointless lol, opening the bumper up just to drown it with a number plate...

maybe there is a way to let the air move through the plate? cut out all the black letters?

Drill loads of holes in it :D

May i suggest a sixth option?

option6.jpg

Sorry i had to :wasntme:

Either 1 but a bit more horizontal like Roberts, or 6.

Why would you have to bend it? :suspect: I was merely suggesting an option similar to squarepants, which i think looks by far the best, if done properly.

If you cant use your imagination mounting it properly would most likely involve making a few holes in the bumper, so if drilling up a lovely bumper like that is a no go area its not worth explaining.

NUmber 3 looks awesome, but like said, pointless unless you find a way of letting air through..

Cut out the black letters and fir a fine black mesh or something maybe?

Why would you have to bend it? :suspect: I was merely suggesting an option similar to squarepants, which i think looks by far the best, if done properly.

If you cant use your imagination mounting it properly would most likely involve making a few holes in the bumper, so if drilling up a lovely bumper like that is a no go area its not worth explaining.

Well I can imagine mate but I don't think it looks right when its sticking out the sides like squarepants one was, looks okay if you dont have the Driving lights and you cover one of the gaps.

and squarepants one was an import plate which is smaller, but also illegal.

I selected number 5, because I want to do it to my Micra, but I reckon it'll look better if it was far right looking head on. Like ROBB has done. The 6th option, lol.

Glad you done that Robb, I didn't really want to attempt that in paint, lol.

they're technically illegal but you would probably not get pulled up for it as long as lettering etc was correct. I think NeX said he'd done a photoshop and it looked a bit naf on a k11.

they're technically illegal but you would probably not get pulled up for it as long as lettering etc was correct. I think NeX said he'd done a photoshop and it looked a bit naf on a k11.

The law states that if you have no flat surface to mount the number plate a stick on is legal.
The amount of people just sticking them inside the car facing outside, i think the police would prefer stick-ons. lol

i have tried all of these and the only one i would recomend would be the last one, the others dont look very good and the one robb posted last isnt legal, i was told off for that..

nope, not that, its because. and i quote, "the number plate cannot be read by speed cameras as it is not facing the front of the vehicle and is not in its origonal orientation"

so its not in the oe place nor is it facing front. but you can use evo6 number plate bracketry to bring it to face the front, mines in the middle at the bottom atm.

mine didnt stick out the sides...i moved it away from the edge, altough it slightly covered up my fog light holes (so might cover up your driving lights)

mine was a 12x6 plate, so is a tad longer than your square one, so you should be ok with mounting it like i did mine.... altough i only put mine where it was because i didnt like my bumper vent, and i had a 12x6 on the back and looked odd on the uk size recess lol. so i had 2 resons to why mine was on the side.

tbh i would say 2 or 3.

when i was in that situation i went and asked to get a reflective number plate sticker for the bonnet just like little bandit, i think that looks nuts thats my opinion

hmm what about using the square plate and putting next to the driving light but on the inside if you get me? i reckon that would look sweet as

Back