Noisy Engine!!

Hi all,Just bought a Nissan MICRA (K11) 1.0 i 16V, 998 cc...Its going fine but noisy...When I put my foot on the clutch,the noise disappears..Lift foot off clutch and grinding noise comes back...I've checked all the fluid levels,transmission etc...All fine....I was thinking clutch release bearing?? Im no mechanic,can anybody help?? Many thanks Paul.

Im sure you can buy the bearing alone but the clutch kit is only like £45 and with all the work removing gearbox to change the bearing ive always thought its best to do the clutch for peace of mind :)

you can buy a LUK clutch which is genuine clutch make for about 30pounds at www.buypartsby.co.uk

i have the same problem which the noise......gonna change ma clutch when i get a day to maself. WORST case it can be the mainshaft bearing in the gearbox

sounds like the g/box to me, the thrust bearing usually squeals, and should,nt really be spinning at all till you push the clutch down

I'm more likely to agree with frank (that's unusual) If you touch the clutch really lightly does it go away/change or does it only change when the clutch is fully pressed?

i had this issue, was deffinately the g/box input shaft as the clutch was new at the time

(serves me right choosing a 130k box over a 60k box) DOH!

i had this issue, was deffinately the g/box input shaft as the clutch was new at the time

(serves me right choosing a 130k box over a 60k box) DOH!

Starting to have this problem too, new clutch installed and when the engine/box are hot, it makes a bearing-like noise, how can i solve it?

like a noisy squaky squal grinding ish noise in any situation other than the clutch pressed

but i feel its worth a shot at a thicker oil to quieten it down as it should be ok for a while yet id imagine

Back