No brake pressure when car started

I have replaced master cylinder and booster and bled about four litres of brake fluid through lines
There are no leaks the fluid doesn't drop in the reservoir, It builds pressure with engine of and soon as its started it drops to the floor when pressed and sounds like someone letting of wind , There is no resistance at all ,

were they new or 2nd hand parts ?

Its not down to bleeding ive done about four bottles of dot 4 on it ,,, ive checked vacuum hose and all parts where taken of a working car i know they worked fine as it was me that tried them out then removed, the car has been lieing for a year and it lay there getting stuff done to it ,,
Im at the end of my tether with it its the final job before it goes for paint and im stressed , thanks for your replies
How can i test for ballooning its not building any pressure at all and abs light on .

maybe the pushrod is too far out or in ? i recall one member needing spacers to position the pushrod against the m/c accurately, causing the valving in the m/c to malfunction.
we have a similar problem on our karts, where the piston inside the m/c has to fully retract in order for the fluid to flow into it properly

just goes down to the floor with no pressure and a wooshing noise , this is third m/c if tried and second booster , im thinking its something else

just goes down to the floor with no pressure and a wooshing noise , this is third m/c if tried and second booster , im thinking its something else
Its definitely a dodgy brake pipe.. if you can hear the fluid moving.
I had the exact same a couple of months back. I changed both servo and m/c.. same symptoms..

did you have the exact symptoms as this ...how to i know what one it is ...is it a rubber pipe/hose
I certainly did. And it frustrated me as my pipes were new.
It will be a rubber pipe. They age and weaken

As said before... jack it up. Engine running. Have someone keep pressing the pedal and check each pipe individually

im getting a hard pedal with car off after a few pushes , engine turned on i get zero instantly ,
the servo works off vacuum, with the engine off there is no vacuum so the servo isn't there to help you push down.

thats what im going to do , micra c-c 1.6 sport with no brakes isnt much good . thanks gents ill let you know how it goes .

Back