Nissan Micra Starter Location

Probably a really stupid question but Ive spent hours trying to find a picture of where a K12 micras starter is located.

The car will not start unless you stick your foot down and get the revs up to 5000rpm. Hold it there for a few seconds and the car is fine. Otherwise, the car stalls immediately upon starting.

Ive been told to check out the starter first... but I cannot find it!! There are no pictures or instructions on the internet :S

Its the big lump on top of the gearbox :)
Search for a K12 starter motor... You'll have an idea what your actually looking for

I can see pictures of what it looks like... but I when I look in the engine bay I cannot work out where it is. There isnt a single photo on the net with an arrow pointing to it!! jeez,

Well the only way to start the car is to hold the revs at 5000 for 5 seconds when you turn it over. Any ideas what that could mean?
that does,nt make sense tbh, do you mean it will stall if you dont hold the revs at 5k after it fires up ?

If you sit with no feet on either clutch or accelerator, then turn the engine over it will immediately stall after a fraction of a second. You then cannot try again for 30 seconds or nothing will happen at all.

The only way to start the car is to immediately press the accelerator whilst turning the ignition over, holding the revs at around 5000 for 5 seconds then releasing means it idles at 1000rpm without stalling...

Could it be injectors? ie Its stalling from lack of fuel on start up?

Its worth a look. But does the engine run ok afterwards?
Could be the idle control valve not working or clogged up?
Could the tps be sending a wrong signal?
Could be an alternator issue?
Dont know about this but anti-dieseling/run on valve?
The fueling sounds fine if it starts and runs especially at 5k rpm
Starter motor must be ok if it starts the engine
Have you had it plugged in at a garage for a code reading?

started motor is located down the back here

863af03b-ef69-424a-bc46-ee624cf309ac_zps0bf6bc6b.jpg

Back