Nissan Almera airbox

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
Apparently the Nissan almera air-box fits directly onto the Nissan k11 1.3(Y)

I take it this is right?:wasntme:

Yep, I used the one from the 1.6 Almera (N15), direct fitment but the carbon canister comes in the way, so i removed the bracket and cable tie'd it lower done for the airbox to sit on properly.

I like the option of almera 1,6 airbox as i dont like the sound of the induction kits available and making a cold air intake. works brilliantly with a good modified exhaust system.

I already have a great roar under heavy acceleration due to me drilling holes in the base of the filter, it worked so much better than I hoped it sounds like i have a performance exhaust on it. So would the bigger airbox create a even more 'meatier' sound (with holes drilled in of course) or removing that baffle you said about?

Yep, I used the one from the 1.6 Almera (N15), direct fitment but the carbon canister comes in the way, so i removed the bracket and cable tie'd it lower done for the airbox to sit on properly.

Okay what did you zip tie the canister to?

my carbon canister went in the bin years ago eliot :wasntme:
and a GA airbox on a CG sounds like it did when it was on the GA engine basicly
and you dont want to be sucking hot air into the engine really eh :eek:

yeah, i would tape up those holes mate, and take the baffle out, if then you want even more 'roar' then get a performance panel filter to put in the box:)

oh sorrry mate. misread the thread and thought you had drilled the 1.6 airbox. yeah, i would get one (Y) i was talking in terms of you already haveing the ga airbox:)

Hi all,
I received the Almera air box and fitted it, however I was quite disappointed as the 'roar' is MUCH quieter than the standard air-box! But I think I will keep it as it looks alot better

EDIT - I took the induction pipes of the side just to see what it was like and HOLY HELL its got such a load induction roar I couldn't believe it, the best thing is if a want to keep it quiet I just dont go full throttle or I just pop the pipes back on!

Is the baffle that long plastic pipe that runs along the with the intake? Cos i was wondering what hat pipe was for.

Is the baffle that long plastic pipe that runs along the with the intake? Cos i was wondering what hat pipe was for.

No that pipe is meant to be cold air feed for the airbox and also it reduces the noise. the baffle is inside the airbox on the lid.

I turned the bracket for the carbon canister upside down and slid the canister down as far as it would go. Then I made a hybrid cam cover breather out of a bend from K11 and a bend from N15 cam cover breather hoses

Eliot, how easy was this to fit? Any adjustments that needed doing mate?

Hi Charles.

Its easy to fit, take the old airbox off by removing the main screw to the right of the airbox and the jubilee clip on the rubber neck on the bottom of the airbox and then put the almera one on. easy!

Most people like Enuno above, preposition the brackets and things. But I just let it hang loose in the engine bay, never made any noises or caused problems.

You can see all my pictures in the link below. Theres lots of the airboxes.

http://s859.photobucket.com/user/Eliot1718/library/Nissan Micra Super S?sort=3&page=1

Back