New owner door issue?

Just purchased a micra 1.2s 54 plate 5 door,for the wife via auction, and for some reason when I unlock the door via the fob the rear new side door doesn't open?? It won't open at all? Even from inside, like the mechanics are screwed?
All the other doors are perfectly fine.

Any suggestions or idea or fixes welcome,

Also noticed when I press unlock it only unlocks the driver door and the rest are lock , press unlock and the other door are unlocked, apart from the back left door

Welcome to the site Zerowing ;)
Also noticed when I press unlock it only unlocks the driver door and the rest are lock , press unlock and the other door are unlocked....
This means it's in "safe" or "Anti_hyjack" mode....
to put it in "convenience" mode, meaning all the doors will unlock with a single click of the fob
....hold down both the unlock and lock buttons, at the same time, for about 10 seconds (your hazzards should flash once I think)...then test that it unlocks all the doors...or try holding the buttons for 15 seconds :p

with regards to the rear door that doesn't wanna budge, it sounds as if the mechanism is Jammed somehow...not sure how you could sort it though? :oops:
without being able to open the door, I'm not sure if you can get the door card off to get to the mechanism :(

Welcome to the site Zerowing ;)

This means it's in "safe" or "Anti_hyjack" mode....
to put it in "convenience" mode, meaning all the doors will unlock with a single click of the fob
....hold down both the unlock and lock buttons, at the same time, for about 10 seconds (your hazzards should flash once I think)...then test that it unlocks all the doors...or try holding the buttons for 15 seconds :p

with regards to the rear door that doesn't wanna budge, it sounds as if the mechanism is Jammed somehow...not sure how you could sort it though? :oops:
without being able to open the door, I'm not sure if you can get the door card off to get to the mechanism :(
Oh right thanks for that I will try that in the morning

FFYI, my 1.4 has child proof manual lock mechanisims on rear doors ( sliding levers inside door frames) sounds obvious but might be worth checking :)

Back