• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My long promised blog

So my car isn't really doing much so I'm borrowing its blog until I can be bothered to go to finish my other engine

So why am I borrowing its blog ... well... I'm building my own car....
No not a caterham or a kit car. Gonna make it all from scratch. As much as I can at least.
Been wanting to ever since I started reading car books and then I saw the Ariel Atom and having one in the shop recently to change a brake pipe. And its built exactly how I think of cars.
So that settles it. I'm building my own. Any donor parts will be borrowed from a micra ;) (or at least a nissan)

No I'm not doing it now and no it wont make JAE this year. And so yes that means Nissanubaru still takes priority :)

Any ideas, thoughts and opinions are welcome :)

@huggy444
1381699487954.jpg

Well yesterday was a full on day of just motorsport and hooning.
7am start!
First off I had a play in an mx5 with a very tight diff. Got asked to do a donut and a "lift shift" to which was followed by "have you done any motorsport before"... err little bit :D exlained my background so I was free to drift it as I wished
Next up was a play on an autosolo circuit in a bmw mini. Not driven a new mini before so it was good fun. Forgot to pull the handbrake on a few handbrake turns....
I was miserably poor at handbrake turns and the classic handbrake parking.
But when a circuit was set out I was 67seconds ahead of 2nd place. Rally driver FTW!

Did a few J-Turns aswel. So much easier in my car

That was up to 1pm... next up.. supercars had a play in a few of those. Everyone was driving so slowwwwwww was painfully disappointing to see. So home to my Micra. Prepped for an auto test. Went out. Did that. Then home for tea and straight out for a night rally in a 205.
Long time since I've sat in that seat and navigated.

Yes I was sick :p
But we got round in 4th. Forst event out for the 205 too. Few issues with it. Requires new gearbox and a better handbrake but we got round. Few botty clenching moments and all that but I had faith in the driver :)

Mad day in cars. So I'm all car'd out now. Finally home at 23:30

Time to prep the car for some sprints/hillclimbs. Challenge @Huggy444 at blyton park and give @Skinner_87 a run for his money on the isle of man next year

So my car isn't really doing much so I'm borrowing its blog until I can be bothered to go to finish my other engine

So why am I borrowing its blog ... well... I'm building my own car....
No not a caterham or a kit car. Gonna make it all from scratch. As much as I can at least.
Been wanting to ever since I started reading car books and then I saw the Ariel Atom and having one in the shop recently to change a brake pipe. And its built exactly how I think of cars.
So that settles it. I'm building my own. Any donor parts will be borrowed from a micra ;) (or at least a nissan)

No I'm not doing it now and no it wont make JAE this year. And so yes that means Nissanubaru still takes priority :)

Any ideas, thoughts and opinions are welcome :)

I can give you some inspiration maybe?

My cousin started building his, almost done, he used a caterham chassis, but the body work is custom :)

I can give you some inspiration maybe?

My cousin started building his, almost done, he used a caterham chassis, but the body work is custom :)
Anything is always good to look at :) a combination of good ideas should make for a good car.

Mine will be a custom chassis. Get it tested so its legal etc etc :)

It will be double wishbone with inclined shocks.
Will be a learning curve with the inclined shocks as they react differently.

And an engine I'm extremely familiar with :)

GA16? :L

who you gonna get to design body work?

Better not look like a turd :D
I know that engine.. but I'm alot more familiar with a different engine :) non nissan

If I design it.. it will look like a turd :p almost tempted to buy a kit car shell and build it to that

Lol uni life style is back in play :( plus my skills are naff. My new job should see my welding advance so I can help

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Yea man go for it :) more than welcome to have a go. You have more skills than you think

@Skinner_87 reliability is the key issue matey definitely. But even so I've rather large weight advantage over other cars :)
Like to be not stuck in a turbo class either :p

@Huggy444 if you win I'll sack myself :p but its always power over control and these fa16s aren't fantastic with power unless looked after :)

@enuo well if I get what I'm after and you dont mind a slight pay cut for a little while then you feel free to come up here ;)

@belly93 same applies Adam once qualified (not that it'd matter ot me too much;)) and I get the funding feel free to come over.
I lose two blokes in the new year. 1 is emigrating to Australia. The other is well due a long break :)

I'm hoping that I can extend it a bit. I will hopefully offer many a job up for you lot on here. Saves sifting through the cv's of cowboys who think they're master mechanics before they can change an air filter

Back