My latest mods

Been a member on this site for a few months now and dont post much, but thumbs up to the site owners great job! Thought id post my latest mods, shes a 1.0 face lift, with a de-cat, 2.0Litre centre box and a 4inch rolled out back box off of a fiesta! Awaiting 1.3 transplant and possible turbo!
Just moved the battery to the boot, sprayed the cam cover and polished the lettering on top, a mod that really caught a lot of attention at jap finale! :grinning: Blacked out surrounds on the lights and custom DIY front grills which i included in the pics! Also kyb lowering springs -35mm!
What do you think guys, all comments, question and advise welcome!
1978452a283c0c36c.jpg

1978452a287216c70.jpg

1978452a28927c841.jpg

1978452a28cb222f8.jpg

1978452a28f404e40.jpg

1978452a291c99d09.jpg

1978452a2940c833a.jpg

sonic said:
Why have you moved the battery to the boot ?

To improve air flow to the filter I would think.

not a bad mod, but directly in the middle of the boot could cause hassle for your shopping trips - also I would think about covering those exposed terminals.

I agree with Paul, the battery would have been better sited in the corner of the boot, but nice work anyway, and that is some clean paintwork in that engine bay. (Y)

Thanks guys, yeah i didnt really take to the pratical side when i moved the battery, plonking it in the middle also means i cant put a spare in the well (havnt had a spare since febuary anyway!), as far as shopping i think the perfect example would have to be jap finale, had to carefully box things around it.
The plan is to move it to the side when i get a smaller battery and the time to do it, the total time for it all took about 2 and a half hours, plus the extra time ill have to spend tidying the cables up later!
Oh yeah think i saw yours from behind, looking good mate wish i couldve taken a closer look! (Y)

nah my car wasnt there mate, i came in a green k11. it was on the msc stand.
there was two silver k11's on another stand tho.

oh yeah saw it leaving, had some of my mates shouting out Loook quick a micraaa! whos had the red one with the body kit?

red one with the bodykit -ollie240585's
silver one clear rear lights- richmicratwista
silver one with side skirts and dent on passanger door- tommo
blue one on coilovers and one bucket seat- raceworx
blue one with bodykit and turbo- nis
blue standard one- fogs-si
white super s with tinted windows- welly
green one with alloys- silver_si
red k10- mulbers

and then there was yours lol.

Wrenchable said:
oh yeah saw it leaving, had some of my mates shouting out Loook quick a micraaa! whos had the red one with the body kit?

ME ME ME ME ME!!!

We got some looks coming up to the pod!! Had a good laugh with a couple of Civics as well!!

is puttin the batter as simple as sorta exteding the wire to reach the boot then, conecting it up? ( same as in engine bay, but on a sorta extention?)

Wrenchable said:
Awaiting 1.3 transplant and possible turbo!
if you'd not realised, with yours being a coilpack engine you'd need to transplant the cga3 82bhp engine which is 1348cc, but nissan classed it as a 1.4 for some reason. if you put a cg13 engine in you'd have trouble with the wiring.

Also getting hold of the CGA3 will be quite a pain!!!

A CG13 isn't the easiest thing to get hold of, but the CGA3.....all I can say is good luck!!

Seeing as the CGA3 was only available from 2000-2002....it won't be easy finding one!!

Uh i have a plan for that! ill use the CG13 engine and use the coil packs, cam cover, sensors etc from my 1.0, then run it all from a 1.6 2000> almera stock ecu, with uprated injectors, janspeed exhaust etc.
Also planning to adapt a more efficient inlet mainifold with a adapter plater most probaly off of one of the later models, perhaps a k12! most probaly going N/A or supercharged!

Bit of a frankenstien (did you check out what my exhaust is made up of?), dont if itll work, but im a pretty good car mech with plenty of contacts in the tuning world!
please dont debate on whats better supercharger or turbo charger, this thread will never!

Oh yeah and as far as moving the battery, i used my old amp leads, soldered to the two original leads going to the battery, the engine was earthed straight to the chassis (may run seperate earth later on).
Mounts for the relay boxes were cut off of the old battery tray then just bolted down, good neat job minus jumble of wiring in the boot.
Easy job took about 2 and a half hours, just gotta make sure the solderings good an strong and that the cables wont snag on anything otherwise it may go up in smoke!

Chances of using an almera ecu for that nissan with the coil packs is about zero. In any case it will offer no flexibility or advantage over the stock even if it did somehow work. If you want to think long term go standalone (omex) and do it properly. I speak from alot of experience in this area with the K11 coil pack engine.

i think it work better with your head on a cg13 bottom end. it's possible to put the cg13 cams in your head aswell.
or just change the internals of the engine, aslong as you don't cut any corners like i did.
see thread; click here

Oh yeah, remember that one! Back to My engine the 1.6 ecu was only temp solution so i could save up and still run it in, but if its not possible i might just have to try running it off of the 1.0 stock ecu! eeeeeeeerrr no! probaly not with the supercharger, ill just get a seperate ecu. Thank you ED
Cams will be upgraded anway, i also want my 1.0 to be in one piece, for when the 1.3 blows up or how ever it meets its end! Little engines only done 19k miles, it would be a shame to strip the head off!

The 2.0l centre box was a compromise/experimental bodge! I originaly ran a straight through system with various back boxes (couldnt find the one i wanted), standard manifold with centre box cut off with pipe welded on myself, same with backbox.
I found that i lost some power through the lack of back pressure, then came accross a centre box removed off of a customers vehicle, looked perfect, larger side with side baffles so not to interupt flow to much. cut the bends off and welded from flange to end of straight! i belive it was a good compromise!

Back