my key has dropped to bits ?

came to unlock my micra and felt a crunching sound from the key and it wouldnt unlock . i took the rubber cover off and the inside of the key has just dropped to bits ...if i get another key from nissan do i have to get them to code it ? ..rang my local dealer they said £150 for new key and for us to re code it ....

no the key is ok its the micro switch that has dropped to bits , the part that unlocks the central locking . the chip is ok ..i cannot unlock the car if i try and use just the key it sets the alarm off ...

Ok. If you get another unlock part of the key they will code it for £40+vat at Nissan or you can show us a pic and we can help you repair it.

well i pulled the rubber cover off the key fob and managed to get it to unlock the car using a small screwdriver across the micro switch , so at least now i can open and lock the car with just the key without the alarm going off till i can get another part of the fob ..thanks agent-smith .

to give an update on all this ...i recieved the key repair kit from ebay [ £5:50 ] in the bag was the complete back half of the key , two micro switches & a new battery ... i heated up the solder on the old micro switches and removed them , then held the new ones in place with tweezers and soldered them in place [ i have to say it was a tricky job as there so small ] then put it all back together and it works fine ..£5:50 is a lot better than the £150 my local nissan dealer wanted ...:p

Back