• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My K11

I've just ordered a new micrasportsclub.net sticker because my brother would thought I'd be fun to stick mine other to his punto.

how are you supposed to put these stickers on? There kinda like letters stuck to sticky tape??
I'm sure there's something that hasn't been done right :D

Yeah, most stickers are like that. Just peel off the back layer (normally just a bit of paper, with the letters stuck to a shiny side), making sure the letters stay on the top layer (normally just a clear bit of plastic, so you can see what the design looks like) so you can stick them on the outside of the window. Then just press it onto the window as hard as you can, squeezing out any air bubbles. The clear top layer should then just peel straight off, and jobs a good 'un (Y)

Sweet :)
I've deeded against colour coded bumper to instead to keep black

So when mullet let's me know about the super S one I can keep them black rather than repainting ;)

Next I'm planning on painting the spoiler black. Painting my wheels black (gloss or Matt undecided) and keep the silver hub caps on so I have a nice colour scheme.

What do you guys think??

Sweet :)
I've deeded against colour coded bumper to instead to keep black

So when mullet let's me know about the super S one I can keep them black rather than repainting ;)

Next I'm planning on painting the spoiler black. Painting my wheels black (gloss or Matt undecided) and keep the silver hub caps on so I have a nice colour scheme.

What do you guys think??

Black bumpers on the pre-facelift models looks ok with sort of colour you have. Painting the spoiler black is a good idea as well, or maybe go for vinyl wrapping. If you're going to do the wheels, I'd personally try to get them sprayed gloss black (I tend to find that matt paint is always much harder to clean, particularly polishing, and doesn't have as good looking a finish as gloss does). Ever thought about chucking a set of alloys on? You can get re-furbished SR wheels with tyres for about £100 or less, and they always seem to be popping up on eBay. Or just a cheap eBay set of alloys (Y)

I have been tempted but I want it to look as standard as poss. But I have been tempted to buy a set of black alloys before someone is selling a set actually on here for £100.

I have been tempted but I want it to look as standard as poss. But I have been tempted to buy a set of black alloys before someone is selling a set actually on here for £100.

Can't go wrong with a set of alloys mate, believe me :grinning:. I had 145s on steelies originally, then went to 195s on 15s with stretched tyres. Granted, my K11 was lowered 90mm as well, but made such a huge difference in both looks and handling (Y). As for the alloys someone is selling on here, are they the ones evofrenzy is selling?

Yeah that's them :D they look nice!

I've seen them in the flesh mate, they're mint! Really nice size, and looks good with the red wheel nuts (I wanted them for my alloys :laugh:). If you've got the money for them, go for it - if you don't, someone else will, because they're a fair deal (Y)

That's the thing :D i still owe the missus a trip to alton towers for her birthday and hotels aren't cheap ;)

I'm sure you can find a way of making it work lol. You could probably get some money for any bits you're replacing on your car, that's how I do it :grinning:

Spoiler came today. Dead please with it!
Thank you Steve!
Apart from the #######s from royal mail have obviously bashed it about a bit with a few cracks and a missing corner. Nothin a bit of super glue can't fix!!

It's being resprayed as it is so it's no problem :)

56833905-7e17-d7ab.jpg

56833905-7e4c-f110.jpg

56833905-7e6e-3133.jpg

Awesome mate, apart from the huge crack, courtesy of Royal Mail. Can't wait to see it resprayed and fitted (Y)

lols, i cant see how this is safe. I wouldnt personally budget or not.

It's fine, as long as you don't chop too many coils. One coil should drop it about 40mm I think, and they have no problems staying seated at the back. I mean, I have 50mm Apexi lowering springs which were fine, but weren't low enough. Chopped another coil to drop it down to 90mm, and they were still fine. Just installed an axle strap so I know there's no way they can fall out (Y)

You gota be kiddin f##### royal mail it was in perfect nick when I sent it and wrapped in loads of bubble wrap they musta crushed or stood on it to that damage I'm gona ring them tomorow, I can give yu some of your money back if you want mate as compensation for the royal mail propper peed me off now lol

Mate. Don't worry about it :) it's good as new now. Used some of that glue you mix together on it then sanded it down. Its as strong as it could be :)
And don't give me any money back lol you forked out more for signed for as it is.

GET COMPENSATION! royal mail want to charge more for their 'services' but i can't see how this would work seeing as they can't do their job probably now as it is! :doh:

Youll probably find that because its been signed for in that condition they wont pay out anything.

Exactly!!!
Took me long enough to get into it because steve had wrapped it so bloody well.

1 or 2 bin liners

Half a roll of tape

Loads of bubble wrap and another half a roll of tape ;)

Would have had to of had a lot of weight on it to be broken!

Looking good dude glad ya manage to fix it and yeah I used a whole tape roll to wrap it up n lots of bubble wrap , rang them earlier and expectin a phone call tomoro apparently by 12, iv got pictures minutes before I wrapped it up so got evidence it was in perfect condition, just gota wait now :/ atleast 2 wraps of bubble wrap on it so musta been really heavy on it or someone stood on it :/

looks like your gouging it a bit too much try using a finer grade of paper and if you use wet and dry paper and loads of water it will be a lot smoother ready for painting ;)

I tried with finer didnt do anything well it did but took longer. There was the lacquer then the paint the the primer so I used coarser paper then I'm going to use fine over the top :)

Spraying it now :)
Don't know how I should mount it to the car...

Should I drill holes and bolt it? Or should I stick it down? If so what with.

Of you want to drill it, open your boot and look at the top edge you'll see two (iirc) dents that's where the hole would of been if it was put on in the factory

Back