more powerfull production car than the veyron

Does that coun as a production car is it is only a tuned Viper, like RUF cars?
I think it does actually

It's not the most powerfull, it says on that page that it has 1000hp, and the Veyron has 1001HP (though it actually produces closer to 1020HP.

And there is no way that a Viper would go at 255mph. The Veyron, which was designed to go to 252mph is supposed to be horrendous after the 220mph mark.

also the veyron has the ability to go beyond 253 i believe if i remember something about what clarkson sed.
and its only horrendous at above 220 if you changed the setting with the key in the footwell thing that stops the spoiler coming up. as far as i no its fine above that

i thought it was 998bhp for the veyron, learn somethin new everyday. how do you know that the veyron has more? why wouldnt the viper hit 255mph its got a fairly aerodynamic shape? just wondering thats all

true....the thing i would like to know is that if they have had that car going 255mph on a road....like you said micraskyline you have nowhere to expliot it, i wonder if DODGE tested the stability of it at 255mph

Ian how on earth can you say that? You have to justify your reasons for all the statments you make. What specifically makes anything over 130 dangerous?

This car is relativly so cheap. Quite amazing when compared to the others.

VW stated that the 1001HP thing was a marketing gimmick as it sounded better. The Euro version has 987 SAE HP (1001PS) and the US had 1001 SAE HP, but the project director said they have the same engine - so I'm not sure what is going on.

Nonetheless, all the engines being made make between 1020 and 1040 HP, to ensure that the 1001HP is reached. A quite search on Veyron and 1020 has a lot of quotes about it.

200mph+ is a very challenging thing to do. There are very few cars that actually go that fast, and those than do have a lot of care and consideration go into them. You need a lot of downforce, and the car needs to remain stable.

The Viper has a slightly sub-200mph top speed in normal trim. Pushing it another 50mph without significantly changing the body of the car would be very difficult.

Nonetheless, a 250mph car will be much faster getting to 200mph than a 210mph car.

Think id rather trust the veyron....especially when headin for a corner...american cars tend to....well...not do corners...

JK

Back