modding cr engines

Well iv heard a wee roomer that an n16 1.5 almera engine , ( a certain type ) would be a straight swap in k12 , and seen as them engine push 90bhp standard i thought that would make a k12 lively , or if one was cheeky , a n16 remap and if it has vvl too a vafc controller :p

That would be awesome ! Only reason i havnt tested vafc controller theory is because of the wiring :)
You reacon it would show all the pinouts ? :)
Thanks for this means a lot i was keen to test this , didnt think a manual would show allwiring so i didnt buy one
[email protected]

Could not email due to file size limit so here the link for direct download

https://www.removed

just extract it to desktop then double click "manual" not autorun

Please let me know what you think, because the content is much better than Haynes
Daz

manual is excellent, i had one like this before for a different car and it was impossible to find anything,
its got a bar on the side i can click into all the sub sections :) love it :) now i may get my hands on a vafc controller , and figure it all out more :)

Great ! Must be good quality if you're post included 3 smilies!
Pleased that I could assist you, and good luck, I will follow you're progress to see how it goes

Well iv heard a wee roomer that an n16 1.5 almera engine , ( a certain type ) would be a straight swap in k12 , and seen as them engine push 90bhp standard i thought that would make a k12 lively , or if one was cheeky , a n16 remap and if it has vvl too a vafc controller :p
Almera 1.5s are pretty poo

Vvl uses different cam profiles (high & low) to open the valves more and for longer duration.

GA's have VTC changes the valve timing through adjusting the inlet cam.

Vvl uses different cam profiles (high & low) to open the valves more and for longer duration.

GA's have VTC changes the valve timing through adjusting the inlet cam.
Its all does the same thing... increase peak power. No matter how its done
Except where the VVL (essentially vtec) way is focused on top end peak power and the GA VTC (NVCS) increases both power and torque

Its all about driveability its not focused purely on top end.

The lower duration/lift lobes that will run out of puff at higher rpm switch to much bigger ones to make the most of the revs and the flow.
Its why my 1.6 N1 engine makes nigh on 200hp but the GA16 can only muster 100 odd.

Its all about driveability its not focused purely on top end.

The lower duration/lift lobes that will run out of puff at higher rpm switch to much bigger ones to make the most of the revs and the flow.
Its why my 1.6 N1 engine makes nigh on 200hp but the GA16 can only muster 100 odd.
You have your figures a bit jumbled there
Let's not forget the GA16 is severely limited on power thanks Nissans poor effort at cylinder head work if were talking power output. Fortunately for you, Nissan put alot of effort into the SR engine. It was their power engine (197hp). The GA was their power/eco engine (110hp). Whereas yours has 134ft/lb torque.. the GA has 110ft/lb... compared to hp output. Leaves the SR at 68% efficient over the powerband and the GA 100% efficient

Regardless HP figures mean nothing in comparison to a torque figure. Seeing a dyno printout for each and when the design of an engine keeps torque inline with HP I know which engine I'd rather have.

Straying from the point the Almera 1.5 engine isn't worth the effort

Right
Step 1 :
Aquire v-afc ( check )
50 euro ( roughly 40 gbp )
So if it doesnt work feck the loss on it :p
tyrateje.jpg

Now i just need to study the loom of this and what it needs and thanks to darren ill have a manual to find out where to wire it to :)

Gonna take engine out of k10 tomorrow night to work on it so so may be a few days or more

Okay i am struggling to find anything about the vvl in the cr engine manual , theres thousands of pages so i could just be missing the part i need , but theres so much material in it i cantfind anything i need , not the manuals fault but more so my fault , i guess ill just keep looking !

Eh um well this is embarasing , hows about ill just say nothing and look under that tomorrow , :p iv been preping k10 for some " bits and pieces" i want to do also so its split time :p

its the same block they look identical, and if the engine is a straight swap id imagine id get the head on, but no fear of me managing to get a head and ecu here in ireland

Back